Walking a Marathon for Mum ....

Royalslady

Jan 29, 2009
Hi all

We lost our dear Mum in May and even before she died some of my family decided to walk the Alzheimer's Society marathon in September .... unfortunately my knees won't manage a Marathon, but I am part of the support team - and helping with the fundraising.

I think we are the biggest group doing the Marathon and delighted to say that 4 staff from my Mum's care horme are joining my sister, my daughter, 2 of my nieces, my cousins, my brother in law and friends. I am so proud of them and I know my Mum would be chuffed to bits with their efforts.

If you are interested in supporting them, or just reading our story .......http://www.justgiving.com/Katie-Harrington0

Thank you x

jackie place

Aug 4, 2009
eccles manchester
Walking a Marathon

Good Luck, Likewise my Daughter and her boyfriend have just done the three pikes ( which was done over three days) but they manage it and are raising money for the Alzheimers Soc which we have support for her as my Husband age 63 has this illness and its not nice . So anyone who does the marathon Good Luck to everyone x x x

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Donation

Hi Pat,
Thanks to everyone (your family and care home staff) doing this. Have just donated and am trying to post on Facebook too!

I'm sure they'll have fun and your mum will be there with them on the day.
love Gill xxx

Royalslady

Jan 29, 2009
Thank you Gill - that is very much appreciated. My daughter did a 14 mile walk at the weekend with no ill effects, so I think she should cope ok.

Hope all well with your Mum .... we must have another coffee soon!

Take care
Pat xx