Carer unable to cope

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
I've just posted a reply on my thread on the main form but it may also be useful as a resource.

I have had my mother admitted to hospital not so much because of her medical condition but her sudden deterioration meant that I was unable to cope. Immediate action was required.

I've just had a go at Google and found this on Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscopia.

This might make interesting reading for anyone faced with similar issues. Don't let SS and the like think that you can work a miracle by yourself. Carers like us are an essential part of the package.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Here the care recipient would have been taken to hospital to be put "under observation" or "assessed" with a note to the social worker "carer unable to cope, possible placement required". The social worker would then interview you and see if you needed short term respite for your mum or permanent placement for her. Then she would discuss options etc.

Maybe we do need a medical term for "carer unable to cope". And maybe another one for "care recipient past being cared for at home by one person".

Good luck with this. I hope you get back to feeling strong and confident and can use that strength to make some decisions about what is best for all concerned.

Sue.

jackie place

Aug 4, 2009
eccles manchester
Hi Sometime its very hard for a carer I have a full time job ( which I do love) and try and care for my husband who has AZ he is only 63 but since he came out of restbite the other week the illness its taking its toil on us both. The Carers who come in during the day etc have found him with coins in his mouth and he was so shocked he did not believe them, after they took them out ( as this raise the question of Safety etc he then put a watch in his mouth and though it was a cake or biscuit. So after a Urgent Meeting with the OT lady and the Social Worker ( who have been brill) it was suggested that he went back to restbite to be assist and to see what the next step would be. I feel very Guilty and upset to leave him ( we have been out today to see the Children and grandchildren which he loved but was very tired and glad to come back . We cannot do the Care ring all the time and need a break ( or we will finish up in Hospital ) so get in touch with crossroads to see if they would help thats what I am going to do Hope it all works out Hugs and love to you x x x

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Hi Jackie. Good to hear that you have a supportive OT and SW. They can make all the difference. I'm sorry I have no experience of your situation, which must be very worrying, so I hope the period in respite will enable you to decide what to do next.

Mary
x

jackie place

Aug 4, 2009
eccles manchester
Carer unable to manage

Hi Mary, Thank you for your comments I am not sure where we go from here the CPN and Social Worker have been to see Peter today not heard what went on. I will gave them a ring tomorrow hopefully it will sort its self out

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968