Sorry- nebie VENT

kittypurry

Aug 8, 2010
GRR--
This morning when trying to guide MIL upstairs with her washing-(usually NO probs!) lashed out shoting at me to stop ushing her:eek:(hand on arm- NOTHING unusual) and shouting about wanting three of them all back.

Husband was cutting lawn. Seem to have bigger prob with when she knows he's not in house she ignores or gets "arsey" ( would put it nicer but not in the mood) with me. She responds to him but increasingly not so to me. Practically with 2 kids and one on way there arew times I need to ask her to "come away" ( kitchen hob) or other things when hubby not in room.

getting tlo ppint where can't ask her to do anything for fear of reprisal from her.
:(

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Hey Kitty,

Who cares about the speelling :) ooo, I meant to say typing - but looking at what I have typed it should be spelling :)

Sounds like you need a big hug.

So I am sending you one ((((((((HUG))))))))

Love
Michele
xxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello:
You sound exasperated!! I guess you are tired, more so because a new baby on the way. Dementia is hard enough when its 1 to 1 so I think alot is expected of you.

Hopefully you are talking to your husband about how you feel; and maybe you both need to talk to a Social Worker to get more support. I do think you need it.

Christin

Jun 29, 2009
Somerset
Hello Kitty, I am sorry your having such a bad day. I don't know if this will help or not but we have discovered that FIL actually likes to do little things to help. We discovered this when he was on respite the last time and came back saying they wouldn't let him touch anything! Now he likes to take his plate or cup to the kitchen and so although I usually follow him he is not always aware of it and thinks he has done something useful and is very pleased with himself. Of course there is a fear that he may fall, and he has dropped and broken cups, but I am not far behind. It just might help a little bit, esp as I suspect your MIL would once have once been in charge in the kitchen. Of course, I'm not suggesting the hob!! Hope your day improves :)

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
just read your post, funny you say that but when my husbond had it he hated me but loved the lady next door. hekept telling her he dident now who i was and to get out of his house. funny old thing this illness is. all i cane say is just keep going. love Miss Cool xxxxx

kittypurry

Aug 8, 2010
Thank you for reading and hugs- x
was better after lunch, she was having a better moment and realised I was upset and said, in not so many words, I'm glad you're here. ( After this am event she kept asking me nastily why I was and do i live here:()

SIL had all for a few hours while hubby and me had 20 wk scan- we are having another pink flavour.

World seems better. Thanks for messages:)

Goingitalone

Feb 11, 2010
Oooh, I love pink flavour!

I have 2 of each, greedy eh?

I guess things are better now.

Enjoy the hope to come. Wonderful!

Big hugs,

Maggie

Attachments

• pinkroses.jpg
    pinkroses.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 179

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Congratulations on the pink flavour! MIL and I had our ups and downs so I know how you must have been feeling this morning! I'm glad you're having a better day now,
Love Sue xxx

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Hi Kitty
Congrats on the pink flavour. I am babysitting my two grandsons on Tues when my daughter and her husband go for their 20 week scan. Maybe we will get a pink one too this time!
I'm glad your MIL calmed down a bit. Its going to take its toll on you being pregnant but you know you can always say what you like on here!! You sound like a trooper :D
Take care of yourself and the little pink one.
nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

mowood

Dec 27, 2009
West Yorkshire
Congratulations Kitty, I like pink ones too. I'm filled with admiration for you coping with so much in your condition. Don't forget to take care of yourself. x