Drug results

jolt

May 28, 2006
Bradford
Hi, Been trying my dad on Aricetp then Reminyl XL and the out come was negative with both, just after a week of taking it. So i stopped him taking them and he improved well back to normal. Has anyone had this result.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I know this isn't the reply you want. I'm just envying those who can take relatives off drugs if they aren't helping. I couldn't understand why the doctor who prescribed Aricept for my mother thought she was competent to manage her own medication.

Lila

Anne54

Sep 16, 2004
Nottingham
Helo jolt

Aricept did not suit my husband at all, when he came off it his scors inproved quite a bit. These drugs are great but not for all, it is important to know that you have tried everything you can.

Anne

daizee

Mar 31, 2006
Broken Hill, Australia
Hi Jolt, My husband (53) was put on Aricept , it did nothing, he was also trialed on many other drugs to the point where I didn't knowwhether his behaviour was due to him suffering a symptom or a side effect. So I also took him off all drugs for as long as I could and only had him put on Haliperidol when his anxiety attacks were uncontrolable............PS Keep up the good work, I know it can't be easy, my 35 year old son is having trouble just coming to terms with his Dads illness..........more power to you...............Cheers Daizee

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Feel I have to 'butt' in here. Any of the 'dementia' drugs cannot be trialed in a week.

All that it means is that the digestive system does not respond. (Bit like taking "aspirin" it either agrees or not)

Aricept, Exelon,Galatmine can only work to delay the progress of dementia if the digestive system of the user tolerates the drug. If you are one of the lucky ones, such as Lionel, and Norman's wife, their tolerance allows them to obtain benefit.

No one should dismiss the drug after short periods. It is a bit like "horses for courses" Hope I have made myself clear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa