my darling mum is at peace

evedan

Mar 27, 2009
derby
Tarika

So sorry to hear your sad news.Ihave just gone through the same thing 2wks ago and i can sympathise with you...

Your lovely mum is at peace just like mine!!!!

God be with you in the days to come.

Love from Eve xx ((HUGS))

AMS

Feb 25, 2009
Tyneside
I'm so sad for you Tarika, but happy that your mother is finally at peace.

And how lovely that even at such a sad time that you were able to think of all the happy times.

x

Tarika

Jul 26, 2008
Thank you everybody for your kind replies- it's very comforting and I know how many of us have reached this point.

I'm having a day to relax today then I'm going over to Hammersmith tomorrow to pick up the death certificate, register it at Fulham and start arrangements for the funeral.

It will be a very small affair , mum will be cremated. Most of our family is in Cornwall - elderly and not able to come. That's OK because I really feel that I said my goodbyes yesterday.

However, I am going to organise a celebration dinner in my half term in October down in Cornwall so that everyone who knew and loved Joyce can come and celebrate.

My plans for her ashes are a bit controversial. My mum loved fashion, diamonds and daffodils. So I have decided that when I feel ready I will have her ashes turned into a diamond. I will set her diamond into a gold daffodil brooch so that sometimes when we are going somewhere fun or beautiful I can pin on the brooch and take her with me!. I can't bear the thought of her ashes being scattered or being alone in a cemetery ( my personal opinion).
I'm also going to purchase a plaque in Grasmere church's Daffodil garden so that when we go up there each February we can go and visit.

A lot to get through but I do feel at peace and so glad that she's not suffering anymore.
Love Tarika

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Tarika, hi
What lovely plans for your mum's ashes, I'm sure you'll get lots of pleasure for years to come knowing that she is with you.
Good luck tomorrow, best wishes, Jo

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Tarika, I love the churchyard at Grasmere. Your ideas for your Mum's ashes sound wonderful. How kind of you to think of the family in Cornwall. Please keep posting to let us know how it all goes.

Turbo

Tarika

Jul 26, 2008
Hi everybody,

I had a very busy day today. I got the death certificate from the hospital- cause of death pneumonia, contributing factors- end stage vascular dementia. That was really hard to read but at least it was confirmed.

Then off to Fulham to register the death and get copies of the death certificate. Mum's partner was with me all day which was lovely.

Then back to Hammersmith. We decided to use a funeral director run by the Co-op. Went there and they were closed until 2.30 so we went and had lunch at the pub we always went to with mum.

Then back to the funeral directors. Everything has been organised and the funeral will be next Thursday at 11.30.

My partner and I have booked in at a Premier Inn 5 mins away from mum's flat and I've ordered a limousine to take us, her partner and a couple of friends to the crematorium.

Then back to her favourite pub for a drink and food.
Hmm...... and then................ But I feel really relieved that all of that is sorted.

I'll keep posting. I actually feel more able to post now than when everything was so traumatic and heartwrenching.

Love Tarika

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Tarika,

I'm so sorry about your mum. It sounds as though you and your mum's partner are supporting each other and handling things really well.

My dad died in May, and his death certificate recorded the cause of death as pneumonia and dementia. Hard to read, I know, but I was in a way glad that dementia was recorded as one of the causes. Otherwise I would have felt that dementia was being swept under the carpet.

The arrangements for the funeral seem a fitting reflection of your mum. :)