D-Day has arrived!

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Dear god i think i am bout to have a nervous breakdown before i get mother out the door.

I left home before 7am yesterday and came back after 8pm, to find a house untouched apart from a pile of god knows what stuffed into a bag with mother telling me she was packed:eek: Packed her case - properly, then this morning i discover another bag of stuff, no idea what a;; that was about!!!

Anyway i was way too tired to shower her last night so said that i would do it in the morning, more fool me for having an extra 20 minutes in bed today, got up to find mother fully dressed, but undoubtedly unwashed (towels cloths etc all bone dry), so i had to make her undress so she could get showered. Grump sulk shout,just a few of the usual display from mother when she doesnt get her own way!

Anyway, now i have got tears from her - and i am trying to be sympathetic and gentle but i know myself its not coming across like that at all, just sheer desperation of respite!

Anyway, hope you are all good this morning, i have just looked round the house and nearly cried at the complete state of it all :(

Hey ho will probably still be like that in 2 weeks time when she comes back home.

xxxxxx

ChristineR62

Oct 12, 2009
NW England
I'd echo what everyone else says, iMac - concentrate on giving yourself a much-needed and much-deserved rest. So what if the house is a mess? My mum went into permanent residential care just before Christmas, and the house is still a mess - admittedly not as bad, but I still couldn't invite anyone round.

I see it as a two-pronged approach, in my case: operational and strategic. Keeping on top of the day-to-day stuff, like washing and ironing (the ironing pile has gone into temporary extinction after my efforts over the weekend!:D) is operational, while gradually tackling the long-term mess is strategic. I can't tell you how many bin bags have exited the house to the tip, charity shops, freecycle etc, but with each bin bag, it's rather like taking a bucket of water out of the Atlantic Ocean and expecting the level to go down.

Goingitalone

Feb 11, 2010
The house won't seem nearly as bad when you have had a day or two without 'input' from mum.

Make sure you get some time for yourself. I can feel your desperation.

Enjoy your FREEDOM! :D:D:D:D

Hugs,

Maggie

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Thank you all, i have an edge of guilt saying what i have when Kassy here is having a really bad time, along with others of course, but her plight is much more than mine, i will get through this, and of course mother is already enjoying activities today. The move over to the CH today was so much more pleasant than the last time, every body being welcoming the activities organiser whom i had a good chat with and threw in things that were planned for the rest of the week and saying how much i looked forward to seeing the things mother was going to be making, that will be interesting in the outcome.

I will pop in a couple of times to say hello for a short time while she is in this time, the last time i made the decision for mother to go cold turkey on me for the week, and didnt go near the place, i suggest that to anyone who can do this to do it, its hard but you do benefit from it.

As i am working away 8 days of the 14 shes in i will pop in on Wednesday to take her her mint crumbles:rolleyes: and take away dirty washing and bring more meds that i forgot to order last week.

Hey ho off to unpack the shopping i have done for the fortnight, not going back to shops unless i run out of cat food, not for meof course:rolleyes:.

xxxx

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Hi iMac,
Hope you enjoy your rest! The house can wait, but hopefully you're going to be eating more than catfood (you really should allow yourself a treat, and I'm sure there are better things than Whiskas, but you know best :)! )

Try to switch off. Easier said than done, but you deserve it,

love Sue xxx

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
Mint crumbles....

fancy a detour you can pop me in a bag en route.... I love them especially the ones you get fomr the master choclatier shop.

Hope you get some rest :)

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
i hope you have a really good rest when your not working immac, blow the housework, have a party and get everyone to clear up for you , take care love lyn xx:)

muse

May 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi iMac

Over the years, my eyes have developed filters which kick in everytime there's a choice between a bit of relaxation and cleaning the house. I'm sending you a virtual pair :). You could even read Quentin Crisp and his theory about dust, and how he only ever washed up if he'd cooked fish. What you really need is a holiday from work as well as caring. But if that's not possible, please enjoy the hours you have to yourself.

Love - Kathy

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Hope you bought plenty of brandy and a few babychams;)

Take easy. Xxxx

Nope and nope.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS OR SO.

To be honest just not having to talk at all in the house is enough for me, except to tell the cats to get down and stop doing whatever their mischief makes them do:rolleyes:

Mother got there today and sort of remembered the lady she was very friendly with, although i still always find it difficult as mother looks like a visitor rather than a client, so much younger than the rest, although suffering the same as them to a degree,it actually shows that maybe i need to sort my own head out at times.

Anyway another time for all that. Many cups of tea tonight, and have made a start on my huge card stock that i need to do. Today also discovered that the hotel where i have a show over the weekend has screwed up on the days and i now have had to cancel the show altogether. sigh.

Anyway a few more days here to get stock for major show next week.

As i said thanks again.

xxxxxxx

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
You are having a break but not too much rest by the sounds of it if you are working...forget the housework, it will still be here when we are all gone!

please try to enjoy some "me" time, the two weeks will go quick enough.

love
Bronwen x