Support (and prayers) for John and Hazel (Skye)

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
I'm sorry to hear of John's passing - but very glad that you were both cared for by some excellent NHS staff during this week.

I wish you strength and understanding company over the next period when you require it, and peace in your heart - you did everything you could for John and you are an inspiration.

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Dear Hazel,
Please accept my very sincere condolences at this very sad time. Like others have said it does not sound enough but please know how much my heart goes out to you.

I pray you will continue to find the strength you have been and are still showing so graciously.

I am more than pleased that you were both afforded excellent palliative care and hope like you that it will soon become standard practice everywhere.

My warmest (((hugs))) and thoughts.

Love x

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Hazel

My thoughts are with you at this sad and difficult time. John is at peace and you have been there for him, with your love, throughout.
I send you my love.

Hazel

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm very sorry to hear your sad news about John, Hazel. You must be devastated. Please accept my sincere condolences. Deborah x

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Dear Hazel,
Sending my sincere condolences to you at this very sad time. I hope your stepsons calm down enough to allow some peace and understanding as you all come to terms with John's passing.
Thinking of you and sending strength for the days ahead.
love Gill xx

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hazel,

I'm sure that many on here feel that same but john has been a part of our lives for so long and it has been such a difficult journey over the last few years. My thoughts are with you again today and John too. Feel comfort that he was looked after so well by you and the many involved in his care even near the end. It really sounds like everyone did their best to make sure he did not suffer and what more can you do.

Please take care of yourself
Craig
x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you all for the supportive messages. You're right, John has been a part of TP for so long, I hadn't posted many updates recently, because John had been stable for so long. This was out of the blue. John had been having occasional choking fits, but, but nothing major. He was still enjoying a normal diet.

Sue (38), I note that the same thing happened with your father. I knew aspiration pneumonia was the usual end for someone with PPA, but I had no idea it would happen without warning. Something else we've learned.:(

Love to all,

PostTenebrasLux

Mar 16, 2010
London & Oxford
Dear Hazel,

My warmest sympathy at the loss of your John.
I was hoping that you would have peace and quiet over the next few days to "collect" yourself after the last days together but have read that your step-sons are challenging the start to a new life for yourself. May you find serenity and strength in the fullness of time.
Thinking of you.
Martina

Last edited:

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
Oh I am sorry Hazel. I havent been on TP for a few weeks and was so sad to read through and see what you have been going through.

It must help you so much knowing how well you were both cared for at the end.

Sleep tight John and take care of yourself Hazel.

Sue

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Dear Hazel

Sorry, i've been away and just caught up with your thread.

You have been in my thoughts over the weekend and i am so so sorry to hear the news of John, my heart goes out to you knowing what you have gone through and what you must be feeling at the moment.

John was a lucky man to have you by his side throughout his battle, you gave everything you could, now its time for you to be kind to yourself........i'm sure John would be very proud of you.

Take care,
Love Alex xx

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Being absent from TP for a while, I've just been shocked to read this. My thoughts and sympathy go out to you Hazel. I am not as good as some are at finding the right words to say nice things.

I am so glad that the NHS did what they are supposed to do, and gave John a comfortable and dignified end to his life, and supported you too.

Much love

Margaret

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you very much everyone, too many of you to reply individually, but I cherish each one.:)

Alex, I have to mention you, though, and say how good it is to see you posting. Please, if you need support, come back, you have many friends here.

Love and thanks to all,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger