My dad passed away.

di30

Dec 15, 2009
South Wales
Hello everyone

Just to let you know that my lovely dad passed away on Sunday 11 July in the evening, he was 69 years old.

Dad was rushed from the care home in the afternoon on Sunday to hospital as his breathing conditions got worse, they again found he had pnemonia, he struggled to stay with us, it was so difficult watching him go, but now he is at peace with no more pain.

Thought I would share my news with you.

His funeral is next Thurs 22 July at 2 pm, dad always said he wants a cremation and a plot in our local church, we are then to have a wake at one of dad's favourite farm pub where he always enjoyed his meals.

Going to miss my lovely dad loads, my heart is breaking, but he is now in a better place without the torment and pain he was going through.

Thank you for your help and support over the months, your site have helped me understand more of the condition, so again thank you all so much. XXXXXXX

PostTenebrasLux

Mar 16, 2010
London & Oxford
Dear Di30
My sympathy to you at the loss of your dear father.
How difficult it is for those left behind, but indeed, your father is now no longer in pain.
What a warm send off he will be getting, intimate and meaningful to him and you his family.
Thank you for letting us know of his passing and do keep in touch over the coming months.
There will no doubt be a lot of questions and times of the need for a little boost - hopefully your friends on TP will be able to comfort you.
Thinking of you, and on 22nd and the new journey you have just embarked on.
Martina

di30

Dec 15, 2009
South Wales
Thank you so much Martina, your words are so lovely and comforting.;)

I will of course keep in touch, it will be a honour, thank you.
Di
XXXX

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
sorry to hear your sad news your dad is at peace now will be thinking of you love larivy

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Di,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure you know that Talking Point is here for you in your bereavement should you have the need. I am still finding it a life saver even after the loss of my lovely Alan. Wishing you all the strength you need for the time ahead.

Love

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
So sorry to hear this, but remember your dad as you want to remember him, it is all sad. Of course you will remember him loads, I loved mine to bits, we had no real warning of his death, but at the end of the day you have your memories.

Love

Margaret

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Dear
di30.
Am so sorry to hear of the loss of your much loved father.
What a beautiful send off.

My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Dear Di,

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Love and hugs to you all.

Michele
xxx

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Thinking of you, Di

Di - it is so good to know your special Dad is at peace. I know the plans for family and friends to come together next week to celebrate his life will create more precious memories & these fond memories will go on emerging over time bringing you comfort.

Sue, x