mum needs new shoes

morrisons2006

Nov 23, 2006
Yorkshire
Hi

My mum needs a new pair of shoes but it is very difficult as she can not tell us whether or not they fit ok. Does anyone have some advice as to what I need to do. My mum has had Alzheimers for 7 years.

Regards

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
You could try tracing her foot while she is standing. There are various sites on the internet that tell you how to translate that to a size and width. Then you need to purchase from a company that has a reputation for accurate shoe sizes. Having said all that, though, I don't think you can go far wrong with cozyfeet shoes. http://www.cosyfeet.com/

P.S. They also have quite a good guide to their shoes http://www.cosyfeet.com/guide/womens-shoes/

Last edited:

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
I'm with Jennifer on this...and if you're lucky enough to have a Cosyfeet Supplier in your area they will make a home visit to measure feet and give advice as to appropriate footwear..well worth investigating...:)

Love xx

Tarika

Jul 26, 2008
I would recommend Cosyfeet. Even before mum's dementia they were the only shoes that would fit with her size 3 and very arched feet. They also do a good range of socks that aren't elasticated which is very important when someone becomes immobile.

Love Tarika

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Cosy feet it is without a doubt for Shoes, slippers, socks and everything else they stock.

Superb customer service too, will refund without questions if none required items are returned unused even after some considerable time. They did for me after my late mother died.

I cannot recommend tham more highly

Take care x

why should I try them on?

we`ve had the same problem trying to get slippers and shoes, will try Cosyfoot. Our problem was added to by the Mother in law saying why should she try them on. Eventually we got her into the garden, warm sunny day and she accepted wearing outdoor shoes. But she insists on wearing what she calls "bedroom slippers" in the bedroom and "carpet slippers in the communal living room ( she is in a care home). This is all very logical but a bit of a b****r when your trying to find a shoe/slipper that fits:D