i can cry and laugh on demand?

Lauren

Oct 13, 2006
Dorset
Ok, so i truely dont know how much longer we can cope!

Ive been so tearful recently, mum was being really hectic yesterday when i was looking after her! She was trying to escape form the house?? for some reason!! she decided to go up the stairs and i only just got to the bottom when i realised and she leant back and fell backwards of course i went to catch her which i did, missed about 8 steps and i fell also as i couldnt hold her weight shes fine but me on the other hand and in so much pain! I can barely walk! which doesnt help when she wants me to take her out in her wheelchair i think she wud have to push me haha!

Ive offered to sleep in her bed for the last two nights to give my dad a break as he hasnt been able to sleep at all as she talks quite alot and sleep walks, gets aggressive hitting dad and getting very confused! This can last for hours through the night! She also started to wet the bed which is very Frustrating as we just dont know why it happens!

Im only back on a reading week, but as one of our new carers quit because she found it so hard it has been left to me and dad!

She so demanding, constantly needs attention and its so hard to be the perfect patient daughter!
Well im glad i got that out of my system!

I feel so awful for dad, im only here for a week, he must struggle so much bless him!

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Hi Lauren,

You poor thing - you are really going through it.

You may have to make sure you haven't hurt yourself badly with the fall. Do you think you ought to see the docs just to be on the safe side.

You say that the carer has left - is there no other help you are getting?

Big ((((((hugs))))))

Love
Michele
xxx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
I wrote this for all carers

Hiya Lauren, i posted this poem on Maggies post as she was feeling much the same as you, so i thought i would post it on your thread as well, hope this helps, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Too Much
To
Bear
How much in life are we asked to bear?
No matter how much we care and share,
How many times do we ask?
Please don’t give me one more task,
But when it comes we always try,
To do our best, it’s do or die,
We are only human after all,
But we always go beyond the call,
Always putting others first,
Looking after, gently nursed,
It sometimes feels never-ending,
But with all my love I am sending,
To all you carers, you know who you are,
Who are full of love and so much care,

Thank you, from Norrms and all AD sufferers all over the world

Lauren

Oct 13, 2006
Dorset
thanks

Well we have the other carer coming on monday they are on a 2 week rotation so trying to recruit another carer!

thank u for the poem! it was very thoughtfulxxx

whiteoleander

Apr 11, 2010
Ah I hope your ok and you havent hurt yourself. You sound like your a great support to your Dad and your doing a very good job of looking after your Mum.
You sound like your doing a great job of being a perfect daughter already and I'm sure your Dad and Mum know just how lucky they are to have you.
It's such an unpredictable condition and changes in behaviour and incontinence can be so tough and difficult to know how to manage. My mum and I had a real battle of wills trying to get her to wear incontinence pad over night initially. In the end I opted for the ones that are made to look like a pair of pants, theyre really absorbent but a bit comfier to wear and were less like incontinence pads in my mothers eyes. you can get them in your local supermarket.
Remember you can only take one day at a time. Make sure you look after yourself too and if your still in pain get yourself checked out!!
Hope your week off goes ok xxx