Worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

kstevenson

Mar 25, 2006
Yorkshire
cynron said:
Have you considered hypochondria? Could be the answer you are looking for.

:eek: :eek: Cynron

Hmmmm, I don't think that problems with thinking, memory and other things are down to hypochondria somehow, not being funny but that is totally out of the question i'm afraid :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

susieb

Apr 16, 2006
The effects of stress depend on the demands of the task that you are doing. So things like cleaning (high physical energy and low cognitive demand) are perfomed well when we're under high levels of stress. But tasks which require higher cognitive skills like language, memory, etc are impaired greatly by elevated levels of stress. So your problems could easily be explained by stress.

Some physical illnesses will cause elevated levels of stress - hence lots of us are suggesting illnesses we have experience of as possible explanations of your symptoms - because we don't have rounded medical training like doctors do.

I don't have much faith in doctors generally, but due to health problems have had to persevere with them. My approach is to 'shop around' - find one I can trust a bit and then only see that one so that I build up more trust over time.

If you weren't happy with the last GP then speak to friends to get a recommended one and go there - if you have got something wrong, I'm sure it would be better to know what it was rather than keep worrying about all of these illnesses that we are all suggesting.

I sometimes write down a list of the things I want to say - in case it goes out of my head when I get in there. Ignore the cues that the consultation is over if necessary and stand your ground - you want reasurance / investigation / explanation, else you're not leaving or you will be back tomorrow - GPs are busy people.

Tell your GP how anxious worried and frightened you are. Good luck!

Last edited:

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
quotes kstevenson

Thanks for that DMC,

I answered all of the above questions and my total score was 41 points

cynron
Hmmmm, I don't think that problems with thinking, memory and other things are down to hypochondria somehow, not being funny but that is totally out of the question i'm afraid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi again
the questionaire i sent you, in which you got 41 points and they said you should see a doctor was from a hypochondria website, perhaps you can print it off and take that to your doctor he might listen to you then.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Time to get tough.....?

Right, 'K'. You are 'so into' your own problems..... who told you about 'mild genes'? Or 'mild' cystic fibrosis'? Genes are either defective or not. Infants/children/adults are either CF sufferers or not. How old are those children? Who is looking after them all the time you are worrying about yourself? (I guess it's your wife). What physical (e.g. physio) care do they need now apart from their emotional care? Have they not got to that stage? Is that what you are frightened of? How about looking up info about CF (concentrating on others who love you and need you) and planning a positive future instead of researching what you see as your own bleak one?

Are you actually sure that these two children have CF? Is that a definitive diagnosis or something you have determined for them and yourself from your research on medical and other help sites? You are clearly well able to research your own symptoms and try to self-diagnose. Is that what you have done for them? (I don’t think I want to know the answer).

Children in bed at 6pm? So you can concentrate on your own self-diagnosis? You are presenting very serious concerns - and not just about yourself - but the welfare of the children in your care. You MUST get some help! How many times does anyone round here have to say it to you????!!!!

I'm sorry if I sound angry (and this is me being restrained)! but you really have had a wealth of good advice, support and comments from this site for yourself which you do not appear to want to 'take on' - from which we can each individually draw our own conclusions.

I am sorry, my focus is on your children but your continuing posts are raising concerns for me that go beyond the realms of your own health and I fear for the environment your children are in….

Can you reassure me?

Sorry to appear so negative – I am only trying to prompt for a positive outcome for you and your family – you clearly cannot carry on as you are - not just for your own sake – but without a desperately negative impact on the children who rely on you.

They rely on US! They need a role model! What image are you giving to your young ones? Can’t you do it for them????? Is that the problem? You are so young with so much to cope with – perhaps you need the TLC….?

Sorry, I always seem to bombard with questions, they are not meant to be answered per se, just triggers for thought processes……

Wish there was some breakthrough for you…. TF, x

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
do you understand

K stevenson.

I dont think you understand the meaning of the word hypochondria,. :confused: COLLINS DICTIONARY --Undue preoccupation with ones health.:eek:
Cynron.

kstevenson

Mar 25, 2006
Yorkshire
Tender Face said:
Right, 'K'. You are 'so into' your own problems..... who told you about 'mild genes'? Or 'mild' cystic fibrosis'? Genes are either defective or not. Infants/children/adults are either CF sufferers or not. How old are those children? Who is looking after them all the time you are worrying about yourself? (I guess it's your wife). What physical (e.g. physio) care do they need now apart from their emotional care? Have they not got to that stage? Is that what you are frightened of? How about looking up info about CF (concentrating on others who love you and need you) and planning a positive future instead of researching what you see as your own bleak one?

Are you actually sure that these two children have CF? Is that a definitive diagnosis or something you have determined for them and yourself from your research on medical and other help sites? You are clearly well able to research your own symptoms and try to self-diagnose. Is that what you have done for them? (I don’t think I want to know the answer).

Children in bed at 6pm? So you can concentrate on your own self-diagnosis? You are presenting very serious concerns - and not just about yourself - but the welfare of the children in your care. You MUST get some help! How many times does anyone round here have to say it to you????!!!!

I'm sorry if I sound angry (and this is me being restrained)! but you really have had a wealth of good advice, support and comments from this site for yourself which you do not appear to want to 'take on' - from which we can each individually draw our own conclusions.

I am sorry, my focus is on your children but your continuing posts are raising concerns for me that go beyond the realms of your own health and I fear for the environment your children are in….

Can you reassure me?

Sorry to appear so negative – I am only trying to prompt for a positive outcome for you and your family – you clearly cannot carry on as you are - not just for your own sake – but without a desperately negative impact on the children who rely on you.

They rely on US! They need a role model! What image are you giving to your young ones? Can’t you do it for them????? Is that the problem? You are so young with so much to cope with – perhaps you need the TLC….?

Sorry, I always seem to bombard with questions, they are not meant to be answered per se, just triggers for thought processes……

Wish there was some breakthrough for you…. TF, x

Now it's my turn to get really angry because there is only so much i can take from someone especially someone is butting into someone's personal life and butting into childrens lives when it is no concern for them.

At the end of the day tender face you have no need to poke into my private life and my children's lives this is not what i am on here for and that is not what other people are on here for.

For your information yes my 2 children were diagnosed with cystic fibrosis afew years ago, obviously i am not going to tell you their ages, they do have the cystic fibrosis genes but they have mild genes, as they inherited one severe copy of the gene and one mild copy of the gene and this was told to us by several doctors and consultants and a genetisit, they do not need much physiotherapy, they only need checkups 2-3 times per year, they are not like alot of other people with cystic fibrosis they are quite lucky that they are not severely ill.

Also you dont need to focus your concerns on my children, they are in a very loving environment and are very well looked after, my problems that i currently have are not known to the children and to them everything is normal.

So i have confirmed to you that my children have cystic fibrosis, this was confirmed with gene testing and as you now know for sure they have mild genes, they do not need any physical care as i have already said they only need alittle bit of physio now and again.

Also my children do not go to bed at 6pm so that i can concentrate on my own diagnosis at all, my children usually go to bed between 7pm and 7.30pm but on the occasions when they have been really naughty then they go to bed at 6pm but anyway that is not anything to do with you.

I came on this website for advice on my problems not anything else, to be honest my wife and children are nothing to do with anyone on here and you might think these kids are suffering but i can assure you that they are not and if a social worker or someone came round to access the situation then i am 100% sure that they would agree!!

Yeah it is hard for me sometimes as i am very young but i cope well and always try my best for the children and we have a very loving family!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

kstevenson

Mar 25, 2006
Yorkshire
cynron said:
K stevenson.

I dont think you understand the meaning of the word hypochondria,. :confused: COLLINS DICTIONARY --Undue preoccupation with ones health.:eek:
Cynron.

Your quite funny cynron.....NOT...... all you have posted in this thread is aload of rubbish to be honest and you seem quite arrogant and i don't like your attitude pal, maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself from now on!!!! :eek: :eek:

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
To everyone,
Before this goes any further can I suggest that we all "sleep on it". The tone of this thread is not beneficial to anyone. Please, just let it drop. This is not going to help people who are new to this forum, who in fact may be disturbed by it.
Goodnight Amy

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
rubbish

OK from now on i will leave the posting of rubbish in your capable!!!hands.

Cynron:D :D

PS you do it so much better.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Some how I feel that your on this site, Just to wind people up & start a argument , you open up & told people about your children , your 24 year old with all this reasonability ? come on pull the other leg

ROTF @ cynron
hypochondria,.[/QUOTE spot on :)

kstevenson

Mar 25, 2006
Yorkshire
One thing i can say is that i am definately not on here to just wind people up, i have concerns and problems and thats the reason i came on here, i have been getting angry because some people have been getting abit too personal for my liking, but i'm only talking about 1 or 2 people the rest of you have been very helpful. :)

I definately do not think that i have schizophrenia but i do think that i could have dementia, but i can assure you that i have not come on here to cause trouble, i am not that kind of person and i would not want other people on here getting upset!!

Status
Not open for further replies.