Hand Tremor with Alzheimers

bentley

Apr 15, 2006
Warrington
My husband has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and has been prescribed the drug Reminyl. He started with a hand tremor before he started the drug, ( 6 weeks ago ) this has now gone worse, when I mentioned it to the Dr, he said it wasn't the drugs that had made it worse but didn't have an answer. I just wondered, if anyone else has experienced this.

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello Bentley

Is the tremor in both hands or just one?

The reason I ask is that my Mum had a hand tremor for a while, just after going into residential care, only in one hand though, we asked if it was the galantamine but were told it was unlikely.

It got worse if she was unwell, but after about three months it stopped and has not recurred over the last year, we never did find a cause, but the consultant said it may have been due to a small TA and the damage repaired itself.

Kathleen

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Same with my wife - she has a hand tremor and then for some reason it just goes away for a while..... I do not think it is anything to worry about

Michael

jks

Jul 2, 2005
West Yorkshire
Hi There
My Dads hand tremor varies wildly from day to day. Some days it's that bad, it's more like a wave. Other days it's hardly there at all.

No idea why!:)

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Mary has tremor in one hand and this occurs mostly in the morning when she is drinking a cup of tea. She has been taking pericyazine for a year and when I checked the drug on the internet, tremors was one of the possible side effects.

I was very interested to read all your experiences, thanks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95