I am so young

sally1968

Aug 27, 2009
bedfordshire
:p i am no coputer expert but today here i am giving it a go i am 42 and have early onset alzimers does any body no any other young friendly alzimers suffereres if you do i would love to no thanks

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Sally, welcome to Talking Point (TP), although I am sorry that someone so young has need to find us.

I shall try to move your post into our "Younger persons with dementia" section, where you should receive more support.

Of course you are welcome to post in any section, any time.

DozyDoris

Jan 27, 2009
Suffolk
Hi Sally, I am the same age as you and it breaks my heart to hear you have early onset AD, I don't know what to say, my Dad has AD and that is bad enough. I'll be your friend though :eek: xx

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Hi Sally

It's a shame to be welcoming you in these awful circumstances.

At 42 it seems just so unfair :(

Wishing you all the best.

Beverley x

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Hi Sally

Welcome from me to,so sorry you had to find us,but i hope you will find the site useful,take care Marian xx

amy2512

Dec 11, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Hi Sally

Welcome to TP.

My Mum has a type of Early Onset Alzheimers. She is 51 and was 49 when diagnosed.

I am so sorry that you find yourself in this position.

I hope you can find some help and support by visiting this site. If I can help at all, answer any questions etc then please do ask.

All the best,

Amy

pete kelly

Jan 14, 2010
Sunny South Devon near Torbay
Never give in.

Hi Sally, Sorry to read you have alzheimer's at such a young age, my wife was 52 when first diagnosed,I hope you have a very supportive family and friends,which is so very important for you,I have tried to keep my wife feeling positive and strong in her will to deal with the illness,keep everything simple,keep in a routine in whatever you do, this will certainly help you,don't be embarrassed if you make little mistakes or don't remember somethings try to keep your life as normal as it has allways been,best of luck for the future.

PostTenebrasLux

Mar 16, 2010
London & Oxford
Hello Sally,

How I feel for you - you certainly have come to the right place for support - we will help you the best we can.

As you are so young, do you know anything further about your diagnosis of AD? Have you been told that any particular area of your brain is affected? Much of the treatment and coping skills depend on what kind of Alzheimer's Disease you have.

Thinking of you.
M

margaritaadios

Aug 13, 2007
Portsmouth
hi

:p i am no coputer expert but today here i am giving it a go i am 42 and have early onset alzimers does any body no any other young friendly alzimers suffereres if you do i would love to no thanks

I am so sorry to hear that you have alzheimers. You have all my sympathy and prays. you can find a lot of help from this website in which I publish all my concerns as a carer. Please have hope because that is what keep us going in hard times. hugs to you...:)

Penny123

Mar 19, 2010
Hi Sally1968,
This is my first post too. My mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at age 59. I was compelled to respond to you're post because I realise no one has responded that is as young as you but I have read posts on here about people your age and younger so please don't feel alone. Sorry I don't have more to offer.
x