Sleep walking/talking

Lauren

Oct 13, 2006
Dorset
Mum is still progressively getting worse! Very confused, Even thought she seems happy as ever! (60 years old had AD for 5 years, lives with my dad, im at uni so come home when i can!)

Recently she has been getting up in the middle of the night and walking around shouting things such as:
'mummy'
'i need to get out' etc etc (she seems to be sleep walking)

she also acts out things and has recently acted out looking after a baby, the only way she went to sleep is because my dad said he would look after the 'baby' for the night.
It has happened about 5 times now in the last month and i have seen it twice, she normally knows who everyone is but in her dreams had no idea who my dad is and when i went in she told me that she has no idea who this man is, when i explained who he was she then realised and got back into bed and said oh yes of course and slept through!

Theses dreams could go on for hours on end leaving my dad exhausted in the morning! It doesnt happen every night but lasts far to long!

Has anyone else experienced this, have any advice or know what to do to stop it?

Thanks Laurenx
:confused:

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Mum is still progressively getting worse! Very confused, Even thought she seems happy as ever! (60 years old had AD for 5 years, lives with my dad, im at uni so come home when i can!)

Recently she has been getting up in the middle of the night and walking around shouting things such as:
'mummy'
'i need to get out' etc etc (she seems to be sleep walking)

she also acts out things and has recently acted out looking after a baby, the only way she went to sleep is because my dad said he would look after the 'baby' for the night.
It has happened about 5 times now in the last month and i have seen it twice, she normally knows who everyone is but in her dreams had no idea who my dad is and when i went in she told me that she has no idea who this man is, when i explained who he was she then realised and got back into bed and said oh yes of course and slept through!

Theses dreams could go on for hours on end leaving my dad exhausted in the morning! It doesnt happen every night but lasts far to long!

Has anyone else experienced this, have any advice or know what to do to stop it?

Thanks Laurenx
:confused:

Hi Lauren
Sorry for your troubles.

I have no experience of what you are describing, except for wanting to go home (but not in the middle of the night) when Mum tried to stop him, he also said, who is this woman, get her out of my way.

As for the baby thing, do you think a baby doll would help?
I have read about doll therapy, works for some

best wishes
Alfjess

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
mum talks alot in her sleep i did not realise until we were on holiday and in the same room she is definitely talking to someone and holds a conversation with them, larivy

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005

Lucy emme

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
Hey Lauren

My Mum did go through this stage about a year ago,I would not have said she was still asleep more in a deep state of confusion.
Mum would also be very concerned about the baby and would often wake my dad insisting he got out of the bed before her husband got back.
Mum's medication was changed to included a sleeping tablet that we used short term.
The stage seems to have passed but the sleep deprivation was very hard on my dad also.
I hope things settle down for you.

Lucy

Lauren

Oct 13, 2006
Dorset
thanks

Thank you for all your reply's they have all been really helpful, we will definatly be visiting the GPs to see what they can dox