Please..if there is a god out there..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I can see you are offline Gigi and I hope that means you are getting a bit of rest. Thank goodness you can begin to see light and a more immediate possibility of proper rest and recovery.

Will you still have the advocacy meeting on Monday? - I hope so.

Sending lots of love x

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Thankyou one and all, for your kind and supportive comments. These last couple of weeks have been something of a nightmare ...but you've all kept me going.

Eric was due for respite on 22nd March and in some stupid way I suppose I thought I should just keep going until then...:eek:

Perhaps I didn't want to admit that this was becoming impossible...and because of that I have allowed myself to get to a point of breakdown.

Perhaps I should have held my hands up earlier and instead of saying "I'm struggling" should have said..like I did thismorning.."I can't do this any more"

Perhaps that's what the SW was waiting to hear.

I count my blessings that she was at the other end of the phone when I called. She was instantly concerned and had the whole thing sorted within 10 minutes of our conversation.

I think I've misjudged her...:eek:

She asked if I wanted to take Eric in myself on Sunday or if the taxi should pick him up. You know I just couldn't think or decide..I burst into tears again and told her I didn't know what to anymore, I was too tired to think..and asked her to make the decision. So she did.

Eric will go on Sunday in the taxi...I just have to pack for him.
The SW even asked if I would be ok to do that....:eek:

xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Gigi, just read your news.

So glad that you are getting the support you need at this time.

Such a shame that you have to get to the point of exhaustion before anyone steps in.

Love n'hugs to you both

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Blimey Gigi, reading your latest post reminds me of the state I was in just before Christmas:eek::eek: Only two more sleeps:D

Lots of love x

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dearest Gigi
I am so glad you are going to get some rest at last.

My SW did what yours did and arranged respite for me for what I thought was one week but it was for two she thought I was that bad.
I hope you have a good rest and will be thinking of you.
Will be in touch.
Love Roseann xx

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Gigi - I am so relieved to read your latest post. So glad that someone has finally done something for you so promptly. What a huge relief for you.
Sending love, Nan XXX

living in hope

Dec 14, 2008
yorkshire
Hi Gigi,
I am glad you are going to get some respite, but we should not have to get to breaking point before someone does something!
love
Lorraine

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Will you still have the advocacy meeting on Monday?

Yesterday morning I phoned the advocate to tell her what was happening. She thought it was still a good idea for her to come out on Monday afternoon..so yes, Helen, the meeting will go ahead.

Due praise must go to our local pharmacist. I suddenly realised that Eric didn't have enough medication to see him through respite. I'd ordered it but it wouldn't be ready until Monday. When I explained things to the pharmacist he understood and delivered them to us yesterday..:)

I cancelled the carer last night as Eric had to be washed and changed early evening..so I put him into his pyjamas. We sat together watching Reach for the Sky...when I saw his eyes drooping I fast forwarded it to the end and told him it was finished..he went off to bed without any problem..:D

But was up again just after 4..

It's given me time to get most of the packing done.

About 11 thismorning I sat down with a coffee and the crossword...and fell asleep.

I've never known such absolute weariness. It's quite scary to feel like this.

Love xx

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Hi Gigi,
I've not been around for couple of days so I am so relieved to see you are finally getting the help you need. :) It's just a pity it has taken you to breaking point before they acted.:(

Will be thinking of you in the morning & hoping Eric goes off happily in his taxi.
Hope you have nothing but rest & relaxation planned for the rest of tomorrow.
Continuing with the Advocacy meeting is very sound, having Eric in respite is a help but not a solution so you need their input still.

Be kind to yourself from now on - you deserve it.

Love
Mo
x

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Oh dear, Gigi, you are absolutely at exhaustion point. Only a few more hours to go ... It may be just this very piece of knowledge that has knocked you out this morning, the relief that you have almost reached the finishing line, so to speak. I do hope the rest of your day passes as peacefully as possible - loved the idea of your fast-forwarding the film when Eric was drowsing in front of it. What a shame the next 24 hours can't be similarly fast-forwarded and you can finally get your so badly needed respite.

Love, Nan XXX

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
What a shame the next 24 hours can't be similarly fast-forwarded and you can finally get your so badly needed respite.

That's a brilliant idea, Nan...:D

There are one or two hurdles still to overcome..this evening and tonight.

And the taxi tomorrow...:eek:

It's not so far away now...and Eric is watching the rugby so am hoping that will keep his attention for a while.

Except that the heating is on at full blast because he feels so cold...and apparently "Rugby is a cold game"...:confused:

Mo...a leisurely bath and a day without questions or demands is all I ask for...thankyou for your concern.

Love xx

Last edited:

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Gigi
Hope you get your leisurely bath, had mine today `J` went into his respite today and I only realised how much he goes on and on this evening when both me and the dog fell asleep for two hours.
Don`t even get that much some nights.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, enjoy:)
Love Roseann x

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
im very excited for you gigi and you must be counting the minutes now. i bet your planning loadsof things you havnt been able to do, but do have a rest good luck tomorrow xxx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
sorry to hear you have had such a hard time Gigi glad you have respite though hope it all goes well tomorrow have a great break love larivy

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Gigi,

Thinking of you and hoping that all goes well tomorrow. I realise some things are going to be emotionally charged but this has to happen so that you can recover yourself.

Love x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba