my mum

KIMALISON

Feb 25, 2010
London
My Mum won't eat would this be the water infection as well as the others things that are affecting her. she has had the infection for two weeks and just wont eat just about get build up drinks down when i can get her to have them, she was eating ok
before.

please can anyone help.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi, water infections can cause all sorts of issues including hallucinations (as per your other thread) and eating problems. Not only that, they can be an absolute beggar to get shut of. You think it's cleared up only to find it's still lurking and needs another dose of antibiotics. Sometimes it's the wrong ABs which have been prescribed as well.

I'd suggest getting the doctor to prescribe another, or a different, course of antibiotics.

Best of luck xx

KIMALISON

Feb 25, 2010
London
hi Vonny

I thought that could be it Mum says she still has a small pain in her tummy,took Mum to A and E last Wednesday because she had a reaction to the antibiotics, and they said the infection had nearly gone and only gave her three day worth of antibiotics will go back to doctors first thing in the morning and get some more. At least now we know how bad the infection can affect her now.

thankyou

Kimalison x

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
My mother wouldn't eat after she had a UTI. In the last year she has lost about 4 stone! She doesn't look like my mum anymore. She looks like a frail, old lady. She is well in herself and I made her go for tests because of the weight loss but they showed she hadn't any physical problems causing it. I think after the UTI she just didn't have much appetite and now it is a habit not to eat much.

Best thing is to try to tempt her a little and often I have found.

xxTinaT

parmit

Nov 12, 2009
w yorks
We thought that my mum didn't want to eat. We then found out that her ability to swallow had gone. Sorry to have to mention this but it is another possibility.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hiyer
my mum's was prone 2 uti. and often needed another dose of a different antibiotic.
Also it can take quite a time for them 2 recover after the infection has cleared,with mum it can take bout a week and a half after antibiotics have finished.

try giving her something 2 eat little and often.

maybe talk 2 gp as their are some very good meal replacements such as drinks or desserts also powders. if your mum has a very sweet tooth,you could try what mum has, resource dessert energy loaded with calories n goodness, it's like a custard

KIMALISON

Feb 25, 2010
London
my Mum and Dad

Hi all

thankyou so much for your help. Mum is now on the third lot of antibiotics hope it goes soon. Mum said to me today why do I feel not well I didnt hurt anybody, bless her told her it is a germ and she would soon be better. Mum has never hurt anybody
always been out of her way to be kind.

I just rang and she was so much happier because Dad had been singing to her for a long time all the old songs they love so much. I said well done Dad he dont get much rest. Social servics are coming round tomorrow to see what help they can give us. Dad kowns he needs some help which is a big step forward for him. I love them so much

thankyou all

Kimalison xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatherinlaw