It's over

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
Dear All, I just wanted you to know that my Dad died at about 1.30 am today.

We visited in the evening and his eyes were open throughout our visit, just looking at us and listening while I chattered away.

We left at about 8.30 and had a phone call at 1.20 asking us to go back. He was already dead.

It has been an awful 3 years, with both Mum and Dad being ill at the same time. At least I know that they are now together again and their suffering is over. They will be greatly missed.

I wish that I had found this wonderful talking place and you wonderful people at the beginning of those three years rather than close to the end. Perhaps with the publicity given on TV at the moment more people will find this site when they need
it.

Thankyou all for your support and for 'holding my hand' over the last few months.

Zan

twink

Oct 28, 2005
Cambridgeshire UK
so sorry

Hi Zan,

I am so sorry to hear your very sad news. I know just how you are feeling which of course so many of us do. Thinking of you at this very sad time.

Love Twink

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Zan, words are never enough. Just to let you know I am thinking of you at this time.

Thankyou for sharings dad's last journey with us, and for letting us into your life.
Your words have helped many here on TP.

Look afteryourself, Connie

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Dear Zan, Connie's right, words are never enough but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you too. Take care, Hazel.

jarnee

Mar 18, 2006
leicestershire
Zan,

I am so very sorry. I know that nothing I can say will come close to comforting you, but I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you

Jarnee

smile

Oct 25, 2005
tenerife
Best wishes Zan, the feeling of emptyness and wandering around like a lost soul will pass in time but the good memories never will

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
So sorry to hear your news. I hope you find some comfort in knowing you have done your utmost in caring, both for you Dad and your Mum. They say time heals but in the meantime try to take time for yourself. Best wishes. BeckyJan

KaC

Feb 26, 2006
surrey
Zan,
I am so sorry for your sad news
zan said:
At least I know that they are now together again and their suffering is over. .

take comfort from this - that they are together again and no longer suffering

my thoughts and prayers are with you

karenx

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear zan,

I am sorry for your loss at this sad time. You have been through so much over the past three years. Give yourself plenty of time and space to grieve, reflect and accept support from family and friends (including your TP friends).

Take care,

Sandy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR