Helen and Alan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I have just had a very distressed Helen on the phone. Alan will be having a syringe driver fitted today.

Syringe drivers in palliative care
The syringe driver is a small, portable battery-driver infusion pump, used to give medication subcutaneously via a syringe usually over 24 hours. It can be used when other routes (e.g. oral, buccal, rectal, transdermal) are unsuitable.

Alan is unable to swallow and is in a state of high agitation. It seems he only has days left now. Whenever he sees Helen he says `Oh Mother`.

Helen feels those few precious moments they shared yesterday will be their last, but is thankful they had them.

Alan`s daughter in law is with Helen now.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Helen, sending you all my sympathy.

This is such a hard time for you, thankfully you have someone with you.

Love,

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Dear Helen

Just logged in and so upset to hear of Alan's decline but pleased you are having special moments with him now.

I am thinking of you both at this sad time.

Lots of love

jayne-b

Sep 7, 2009
Staffs
Helen So sorry to hear Alan has taken such a turn for the worse.

I hope that he is able to be made more comfortable with the medication and you both are supported at this sad time.

Take comfort that you have given him the love and support to enable him to be in his own home at this time.

Hugs for you all.

jxx

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Helen

((((hugs))))

May you find the courage and strength to deal with whatever occurs over the next days and may Alan find peace in these days.

Love to you both

Mameeskye

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Helen,

Such sad news.

It must be so distressing for you to see Alan so ill and agitated. I hope the medication eases things quickly for him so that you can spend some peaceful time with him.

Thinking of you as always.

Love xx

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
So so sorry Helen, this is such a diffucult time for you. Hopefully Alan will be less agitated now after his medications gets in to him. I know you will be with him and will offer him the peace and love that he now needs more than ever. You will find comfort from giving it to him and the strength will be given to you to see this through. It is such a priveledge to give someone permission to let go when the time is right, you will know in your heart when this is and hopefully you will have all the support you want around you to help you through. My deepest wish for a peaceful time ahead. ((hugs)) x

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Helen
This is such a difficult time for both you and Alan. Alan will surely relax with the benefit of the syringe driver delivering his medication. As for you, I send you my love and to let you know you are in my thoughts.
Hazel

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Helen and Alan
Just wanted to say how sad I was to read Sylvia's post. As one who has been there and got the T-shirt with both of my parents, 17 years ago (as you know)I just wanted to express my sadness at this post.
Words are not enough at this difficult time but my thoughts are with you both at this difficult time.
I do hope that the driver will provide some comfort for Alan and peace of mind for you that he is not in pain or agitated

My love to you both

Julie xx

ChristineR62

Oct 12, 2009
NW England
Dear Helen and Alan

Love and hugs to both of you. I don't know what else to say; it all seems so inadequate. You are both in my thoughts.

Love
Christine
xxx

Dibs

Jun 19, 2009
Hampshire
Dear Helen

I just want to say that I am thinking of you both at this difficult time.
Take care Love Dibs (Deborah) xxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarydew