Coronation Street

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Norman

I just wanted to run away,vanish down a big hole and pull the top over my head.
Boy do I know that feeling. I suspect the problem would be that there are so many people already in the hole that we would need a ladder to climb the protruding bodies!

Seriously, I hope that you and Peg have a good patch for the Spring and Summer.

I hope that my contributions have helped a little and that I am able to carry on and repay the support that I have received over the years.
I reckon the reply to that is so obvious that it doesn't really need a reply. However, Nina always accuses me of waffling and generally talking too much so I'll not step out of character but say this anyway: of course your contributions have helped many people - myself included - a huge amount

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Hi Norman, I am so glad you're feeling a little better. Your posts have always helped me, particularly when I was in that 'black hole' you so aptly described. Thinking of you, {{hugs}}

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
norman, you have always helped me and I shall always be grateful for that.

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Thank you all for your good wishes.
I fel better today like born again.
The dishwasher has died and I dont give a Monkey's,buy a new one
Norman

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Good for you Norman - get a nice washing machine - What about an automatic chip fryer thing and frozen chips - as well? (I enjoyed mine a lot - till one day I looked down and discovered I had a stomach and could not see past it... back to the potato peeler --)

I really have come to the conclusion that you cannot take it with you - and rainy days and Sundays make me sad!!!
Michael

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Norman, like the new attitude. I now happily spend all my money, since my godmother made the remark "spend it now my dear, for there are no shops in heaven"

Love & hugs to you and Peg. Connie :)

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
And if you save all your money you might still end up (before getting to heaven) sharing a room in a home with someone who's never worked or never saved.

Lila

connie said:
Hi Norman, like the new attitude. I now happily spend all my money, since my godmother made the remark "spend it now my dear, for there are no shops in heaven"

Love & hugs to you and Peg. Connie :)

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Washing machine

But my mother is convinced there is something wrong with her washing-machine (it made a strange noise so she switched it off mid-cycle). There's nothing wrong with it when she lets me use it. She is also sure I wash her things too often.

Lila

Norman said:
Thank you all for your good wishes.
I fel better today like born again.
The dishwasher has died and I dont give a Monkey's,buy a new one
Norman

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Oh when I read the paper it said that he dies in the arms of his old rival Ken , may be wrong ,but think its Sunday

My daughter Marisa the youngest show me this link & a few Video clips, for some reason it brought me to tears,bring so many memories of mum maybe

http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=91

Click on media centre

Last edited:

Lulu

Nov 28, 2004
Is there an omnibus edition does anyone know?

Well, you know what I meant ..I hope! Like everything else these days, I rush, make more and more mistakes.sort out all Mum's mistakes, what a mess it is becoming. At least I can now quote properly, and in colour! So there!! (let's try the smilies now) .... :p :D ;)

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Brucie said:
As I understand it he will pass on from pneumonia some time before Summer.

I heard that as well, but then I heard it would be a heart attack. Would someone who was relatively young and newly diagnosed succumb (sp?) to pneumonia so easily?

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Just spent £300 on photographic software and was feeling guilty but after reading the latest postings - what the hell, I'll just pour another glass of wine or even champagne.

Hugs

Dick

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Go for it Dick, and I think I'll join you in a glass of something! And I hope you enjoy your software; we can't always be sensible and cautious and save for a tomorrow that may never come.
Amy

Gayle

Feb 15, 2005
London
Coronation Street and Talking Point

Dear All

Just to let you know that I have forwarded this thread to the press office and research team at Coronation Street so that they can see the impact that their work has had, and the kind of debate the episodes are creating.

Tonight Mike is diagnosed. The Society has set up a special recorded support line to provide people with information about Alzheimer's disease and the number will go out after the show. (The Corrie pack includes a TP flyer)

It's certainly been a very busy week here at the press office!

Best wishes

Gayle

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisBoreham