mums decline

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Jo,

This is such an awful time for you, but I'm sure mum is well cared for and comfortable.

My heart goes out to you.

Love xx

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
finally at peace

dear tp members, mum passed away at 4.30 am this morning.
thank you for all your kind words of support, I really appreciate it. although I dont post often on TP, I read new posts everyday. although you are all on the other side of the world, I feel a common pain.
Thankyou to all TP members for helping each other through the dementia nightmare.
I will keep reading this forum
Stay strong, Barb,norm, Sylvia,Brucie,Connie and Hazel, and the many other members here
mum is reunited with dad
No more suffering

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Jo,

Relieved for you that mum is now at peace.

But saddened by your loss.

My condolences to you and your family.

Love xx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Jo

Please accept my most sincere sympathies at the death of your mother; This ghastly disease means we 'lose' our loved ones several times over, until the final breath is released.
It's like the torture of 'death by a thousand cuts'.
Jo said:
although you are all on the other side of the world, I feel a common pain.
The world of dementia knows no national boundaries. My brother lives in Australia; his pain at my Mum's death was different, but no less, than my own.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jo

At last the wait is over, and you will have very mixed feelings. Sorrow at the loss of your mum, tinged I'm sure with a measure of relief that her sufferings are over, and she is at peace.

Please take care of yourself now, and come back to us whenever you are able. You're a valued member of the forum.

Love,

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Jo,
Please accept my sympathies to you and your family at this sad time. Your mother has reached peace and serenity and I know that you are grateful for that.

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Jo
So sorry to read of the death of your mum but she is at peace now and free of this wretched disease.
Take care of yourself

love Julie xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am saddened to hear this news but as you say 'no more suffering'. I hope you can take comfort from that.

I do hope you keep in touch with us. Love Jan

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I am distressed

thankyou for all your kind words..It really helps........
My brain is not working today...so I dont really know what to say
Sue, I have read all your postings on "dementianet"
sorry I havent replied but I have been overwhelmed
Mums funeral is on thursday at 2.00 pm.
yes I am going through all normal stuff...anger, guilt sadness stress etc etc...I havent cried much yet cause my family wont leave me alone..they mean well though.
I will be strong and live my life as much as I can....Mum would want me to be happy
Love from Jo