mums decline

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Jo, sending you a hug.

I am so sorry to read about your mum's decline, and where you now find yourself. Please do whatever is right for you, your mum would want that.

Stay strong sweetheart.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Jo, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mum. You are right to consider your own health, your mum wouldn't want it any other way.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Jo

You`ve been a rock for your mother throughout her illness. It`s sad her life is coming to an end but you both have suffered enough.
I hope her final days are peaceful and believe you are right to be able to spend them as you prefer.
Love xx

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
A big cyber hug for you and your Mum.

I hope the next few days are peaceful and that you can spend them as you feel you should.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Jo,

Sorry to hear about mum's decline...I'm sure she's comfortable and well cared for.

Take care of yourself...it's been a long hard journey for you both.

Love xx

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
I want to hug you and send you all my support for your decision, but I feel I need to say. Please do not leave yourself with regrets they are so hard to live with. You know better than anybody and I sm sure you will do what you feel is best.Take care. My warmest thoughts are with you.

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
thanks for all your kind words..it really does help me
Winnie, I have no regrets with my decision, my brother went to see mum yesterday, and he said the same thing to me....but I said goodbye to my mum a long time ago....I dont need to do it again. when my dad died, my grief was all consuming. I couldnt eat, I couldnt sleep, but somehow I held down my job...it took me over 2 years to not wake up crying in the night.
Then my FIL died from lung cancer, then our friend hung himself in his garage at 53 years old and then I got tough and learned to look after me for my childrens sake...I cant expose myself to anything that will weaken me,my dear mum will die without me by her side. am OK with this.
Love from Jo......this phone is going to ring soon.....

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi Jo

So sorry to hear about your Mum. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. I hope that your Mum's last days are without pain and calm.

Love Carina x

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Jo, just wanted to echo the sentiments already expressed here. Thinking of you and your mum

Vonny xx

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
this is so hard...I am still waiting for my mum to die.....
8 days now with no oral intake..no fluids and morphine
I am supposed to go back to work tomorrow......

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Jo, I did some chaplaincy work as a volunteer at our local hospital and nurses have told me that patients hang on sometimes until they hear a certian voice and get 'permission' to go.

The human spirit is still a mystery to us. I hope your mum is at peace soon.

Sue.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Jo,

This 'long goodbye' is so cruel for family members, even if the person dying is unaware of anything anymore.

My sympathies & understanding ...

Attachments

• Group of Canles.gif
    Group of Canles.gif
    109.2 KB · Views: 288

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Jo,

It is heartbreaking. We were told mum would last 3 days once off fluids and she hung on for 7 days, never conscious, just looking iller and frailer by the day.

My heart goes out to you.

Vonny xx