A tribute to my mum Gillian Moore

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Hi all this is a song i recorded for my Mum last year we played it at her funeral too. It was a song she liked me singing so at a show last year me and our Keyboard player J.d Hammond recorded it in the dressing room. My partner Leanne made the video for me i just thought id share it....

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q316/blues529/?action=view&current=MumsSong.flv

I miss her so much

Just a reminder to i have a petition to 10 Downing Street to review the practice of care within homes for vulnrable adults
and also there is gonna be a serious case review by the social services into mums care and it will also start the ball rolling
to have many proceedures looked into..

Thanks again to those who have already signed.

Mark

Last edited:

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Mark, that is just so beautiful – can barely type for the tears. Thank you so much for sharing it.

Wishing you continued strength,
Love, Karen, x

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
mark the vidio and the music was lovelyi will be listening to it again my kind of music a lovely tribute to your mum milly

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
I am still in the process too of contacting Richie Havens the man who wrote this song and i would love to record it properly and release it as a song and all the proceeds go to the Alzheimers society.

Its a dream but you never know.

Mark

PostTenebrasLux

Mar 16, 2010
London & Oxford
Mark
What a beautiful tribute to your Mother.
Your partner Leanne obviously understands you by her help to prepare the video.
Family is precious.
I am not familiar with your Mother's case, but I'm sure she would be proud of your every effort to fight on her behalf.
Best wishes forward Mark,
M

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Well its coming up to mums anniversary on the 23rd and im finding it really hard to deal with. I can accept she's gone but a year on and nothing seems to be moving on my mums case. I suppose these things take time to get together. At the end of the day i want them to pay for how she was treated...

Mark

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
What a beautiful song and a wonderful tribute to your Mum. You have a lovely voice.
I'm not aware of the circumstances you talk about but I hope you get some answers
Regards
Kim
Mum 12,500 miles away
:(

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hello, Mark. I can understand you still feeling angry ….. I still struggle now with issues that went wrong with my mum’s care and it doesn’t compare (although I can accept mum is now ‘at peace‘).

I do hope you find some resolution … in the meantime have you got plans to ‘take care of yourself’ on the 23rd?

Love, Karen, x

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
Hi all,

I feel really bad today and i was at the hospital with Leanne as were having another baby a baby boy. So it was good news they think all is ok. But i feel still very teary today and i have emailed the solicitor too. But that care home have seriously messed me up. I did turn to drink a little last year and well i had enough of it all ive joined a gym now. But i was told by my gp as ive put weight on my blood pressure is up so im trying to keep positive and keep myself off beer and out of depression..
Still wish i had some profesional help to talk about all the things that happened.

Mark

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
First of all Mark, congratulations on your GOOD news! What a mixed day of emotions for you.

Don’t berate yourself about the drinking (I know, I know I shouldn’t say that - but we all need a ‘crutch’ sometimes - and if you’ve got it back under control already then surely that’s all it was? I wish I could say the same about my smoking :eek:)

Mark, I can’t believe you’ve not had some professional help with all this ….. has your GP not referred you for some kind of ‘talking therapy‘?

I know people suggested bereavement counselling for me … but my GP recognised my issues are not around mum actually passing in itself ….

I so feel for you …

Love, Karen, x

elwoodlpool

Mar 27, 2006
Derbyshire
www.myspace.com
No Karen ive had no help at all and i feel like i have been landed with all this and well coping has been really hard. I could tell you things about this case that people would'nt belive. Also the serious case review will be published soon by the social services. I also have the petition on the 10 downing street web site but i need 500 signatures by October and i only have 146 i think. All i want is something seriously done to protect vulnrable adults. I also feel the social services could of helped me more with a therapy to help me...

All the best

Mark