Cold calling on Dementia Sufferers

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
BBC Radio 5 Breakfast Programme

Hi
I have recently been contacted via this site by a jounalist for BBC Radio 5s Breakfast programme who wants to discuss how charities (not all) are using unscrupulous methods to bring in the money.

In my case it was not the charity itself but the third party they used to set up the mandates in the first place.Incidentally I have not heard back from the third party.:rolleyes: My MP has acknowledged my letter but he is currently involved in more important things in Manchester I think. Trading Standards have yet to reply too.

I am hoping to speak to him tomorrow- at the the moment I have my hands full with a sick son!

Love Julie xx

Last edited:

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Fundraising Initiatives Reply to my letter

Hello everyone

Got a reply yesterday from the third party that British Red Cross use for their fundraising door to door.The chap is going to be removed from the BRC campaign(and probably transferred to another charity).Seems as though there is some loophole which means these people are exempt from CRB checks:eek::(. I have had an acknowledgement from my MP and am awaiting Trading Stardards reply.

Thank you all for all your support in this matter

Love Julie xx

Attachments

• FI Letter 101009.jpg
    FI Letter 101009.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 323

ella24

Nov 9, 2008
South Coast UK
Hi Julie

I'm fascinated by the comment about only teachers and nurses having CRB checks...

When I worked for a construction company, I was overseeing construction and refurbishment of schools (i.e. not in the school full time) but still had to undergo CRB checks. The client - the Local Authority Education dept insisted that ALL who worked on the project were CRB checked. It was a contractual requirement.

If BRC, or AS want to show commitment to this, they could insist that all representatives used by the fundraising companies are CRB checked. It might cost a bit more, but I think it's worth it to save even one vulnerable person from this.

BTW, what's happened with the radio stuff??

e

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
MP reply

Hi
I have had a reply from my MP.:) Unfortunately I cannot post it here as Ian is not here to scan the letter in and paint out the personal stuff.(technophobe:eek:) In a nutshell he hopes that steps to stop this individual doing this again have been put in place

"I have taken up the issue of CRB checks with the Chief Executive at the Criminal Records Bureau and will write again when I have received a response from him"

The wheels are still rolling:):)

Love Julie xx

Chrissyan

Aug 9, 2007
N E England
Good for you julieanne15, keep fighting them.
thumb.gif

My Dad did a Mori poll recently, despite there being a notice re no callers on his door, she had left a card. I was going to ring up & complain but I guess she had had punishment enough. I would love to know what his answers were like. :D