I'm worn out today

nellen

Mar 17, 2009
Derbyshire
I'm sure my story is no different or worse than anybody elses but i feel like i need to sound off as feel so worn out after today..

I've just come back from my mum's its a hundred mile round trip - i shouldn't have driven as i'm still recovering from a dislocated shoulder but my mum's new carer (the 1st day of them coming in) rang to say she couldn't administer my my mum's medication as the medicare blister pack had been tampered with - by me! Yesterday i spent ages at my mums with a pair of tweezers and scissors taking one pill out of each blister - as the hospital said she doesn't need it but the gp had still precribed it as she hadn't got the notification from the hospital. Then I inserted a reminyl in each blister and closed it all off with tiny bits of sellotape - i thought i'd done a good job and had done what the carers said they needed - everything in blister packs. i left detailled intructions for the new carer and then crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Its not her fault.

So when i got the ph call i had to get off to my mums again but i couldn't ask my husband to drive me so i thought i'd manage despite the dislocated shoulder. It was ok most of it i managed with my good arm but it all aches a lot now i'm home.

I had to explain everything to the chemist who wasn't very happy to have to re-pack everything and thought i'd somehow breeched her professional standards But i kept my temper in check and asked her diplomatically what she would suggest could be done to sort this out - and she then did it all for me.

I've had my mum crying on and off most of the day is this part of her alzheimers?

I've put up with endless repetition and asking me the same things over and overand kept myself very calm

I've carted bags off shopping back from supermarket - home help does shopping but doesn't get bleach flash etc.

I'm Kna**ered and stressed and sad about my poor mum

Sorry to dump on you - you have your own problems too

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Hey Nellen,
These days are sent to test you and my gooned me you have been tested to limit.
Hope you feel a bit better now you are home and able to relax a bit ( I hope)

Attachments

• SNIFFS.jpg
    SNIFFS.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 289

Territa

Jan 10, 2008
Hi Nellen

Feel free to dump it all, sometimes just writing it down is all you need to get back on an even keel. It helps me, even when it makes no sense to anybody else. Keep your chin up,

Terri

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Nellen,

Please don't apologise. Yes, we all have our problems but we all have good days and bad days too, and it sounds like your day has been really bad.

You don't need me to tell you that you shouldn't drive with a dislocated shoulder. Your mum needs you to get better so you can carry on caring for her, but we do what we have to don't we. I don't suppose carting the shopping bags around did anything to help your shoulder either.

My mum cried nearly all the time, it started just evenings then crept into the afternoon, then just after lunch and finally from when she woke up. It's shattering to deal with so I can quite understand why you are so tired and sad.

Tomorrow is another day, try to relax and get a good night's sleep.

Vonny xx

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Hi Nellen

Sounds like you had a trying time. These things happen. But hopefully tomorrow will be better. I will think about you, and be glad I never went through what you are going through.

Love

Margaret