A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It all went so well.

I`m delighted.

When R came Dhiren had just finished his lunch and was about to file his fingernails. R offered to do them for him and he was grateful. So from the start there was hands on care which Dhiren accepted with gratitude.

I left some photo albums and the computer, so if Dhiren slept or wasn`t sociable R could use the computer but still be in the living room with Dhiren. He is used to that with me and I felt he would accept it with R.

When I arrived home Dhiren looked cross and my heart sank. I asked if he was all right and he replied why shouldn`t he be. He was fidgeting with the neckline of his jumper. I asked what was wrong. He said he was looking for the clip. :confused:
It turned out he was too hot, was looking for the tag of a zip to take his sweater off. But he hadn`t realized he had a jumper on and was getting even more hot and bothered.
Once I realized what was wrong and helped him take his jumper off, he was fine.

R said they had chatted and looked at some photos,and after a while Dhiren kept asking what time I`d be home. They watched television. It was Jeremy Kyle. I asked Dhiren if he would like Countdown and turned it over.

Before R left I introduced her to TP. I showed her how to find it and she seemed very interested. I hope this will mean another professional recruit.

As she prepared to leave she shook hands with Dhiren and he asked if she would be coming again. She said she would, next Monday and he said `Good.`.

After she`d left he was very animated. He said what a nice woman she was and agreed it had been good for him to have some different company for a change,other than me. :)

Eureka!

Last edited:

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
How long has it been since you thought Dhiren wouldn't accept anyone? What a great day and a positive result for you.

Although you still have difficulties, I see an improvement overall, particularly with Dhiren accepting other people.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It went so well that when we were telling Paul about it tonight, Dhiren decided R is so nice he will ask her for a job next week, and also ask for a £20 rise before he has even started work.
He is now in bed exhausted from the excitement.
But he is also very insecure and wants me to watch television and use the computer in the bedroom, even if he is sleeping, rather than in the living room.

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
what a lovely day you have had sylvia :D:D:Dhow wonderful that dhiran was comfortable with his new carer, it makes all the difference. you can go out and not worry relax and enjoy your time out love lynne xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I must say life has taken a turn for the better. It might only last a short while but I`ll certainly try to make the most of it while it does.

For now, I have some time out six days a week and it can only be good.

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I loved reading this, so glad Dhiren has taken to his new carer, long may it last, Sylvia, and yes, make the most of it, maybe you have turned a corner, love Pauline xxxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
So where are you going, Sylvia? Is it Mars, India or just plain old Manchester?

Perhaps you could say flight cancelled cos of bad weather!!!

(Not really making fun - but how do we deal with it without humour?).
Love Jan

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Jan
I have had to find the humour this last few dyas.
Yesterday John asked me to marry him(we`ve been wed 41 years)

Today he asked if I want a baby:eek:

I told him I was quite happy as I was.

Love Roseann x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sylvia: Hope you have not taken off yet :eek::eek: Hopefully Dhiren is happy to be at home with you.

Roseann: Did it make you feel young again!!! David proposed to me a few weeks ago (it was our 38th wedd. anniv. last Monday - that added to my short fuse mentioned on another thread!!).

I am off to sweep leaves to clear the GOW feeling. Then off to see a friend and my brother tomorrow. :)

Love Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We are still here Jan although I`d love to have taken off.
I hope the leaves don`t blow away as you sweep. I was hoping to plant wallflowers out today but it`s raining.
I hope your brother isn`t too bad. xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He is having a cross day today.

I helped him shave, wash and dress and just towards the end of his dressing he told me to stop fussing. So I walked away.

Then he wanted to know where the milk was for his cereal and was critical becaue I hadn`t left it out for him.

Then he wanted to go for the paper and I had to persuade him to wait until my shopping had been delivered in the 10-12 slot.

So now he is upset because I rule over him and tell him what he can and cannot do.

I found him sitting in the spare bedroom because he didn`t know we had a living room.

I offered him unread papers [yesterday and the day before] and he didn`t know we had them.
He looked at the headlines and then put them down.

I sat by his side to use the laptop and the proximity was too close. So he not only has moved away from me he has left the room.

And now my buzzer tells me he is going out.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I followed him out of the gate. He had no coat. He turned to me.
S `Where are you going?`
D `I`m going for the paper.`
S `Have you any money on you?`
D feeling in all pockets, `Oh. I`ve no money,`and turned to walk home.
He began shivering.
S `Why don`t you wait till this afternoon. It might be warmer then.`
D `I`m not going out now. I`m freezing.`
So I have put `This Morning` on for him and he appears to be watching it.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Jan.
I wanted to plant Wallflowers and he is asleep now but I daren`t risk it. I`ll have to use my sitting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.