loss of husband

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Dear Carol,

Thanks for your PM. I wouldn't have realised just who you were from your initial post.

For all you TP'ers out there, I know Carol personally. We had the sad experience of finding both our husbands on the same Assessment Ward. Sadly Geoff was never able to leave the ward ans I'm so very sorry to hear of his death and I send all my love to you and your lovely family.

I have to say that it was a great privilage and an honor to have met both you and Geoff. Your courage has been enormous and your love for your husband shone through every time I met you. Your dementia journey was one of the worst that could possibly be. Geoff had very severe dementia and at such a young age. The torment for you both lasted a long, long time.

You never failed him, you were always there, always cheerful, even at the times when I would have crumbled to see how very, very poorly he was. How hard it must have been to visit week in and week out, year in and year out and often have very little recognition and witness his great distress. I take my hat off to a woman in a million and your wonderful family who stood shoulder to shoulder with you through such very hard times.

I hope that we can keep in touch Carol. As I say you are one in a million and I have enormous respect for you.

xxTinaT

Last edited:

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
So sorry Carol for your loss.

Tina T's thoughts are so lovely take comfort from them.

Look after yourself.

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Dear Carol,
I am so sorry for your loss. No matter how much you think you are prepared it aways comes as a terrible shock and the pain is no less for the preparation
Love
Jackie
xx

carole.alker

Oct 13, 2009
bolton
i am sat here wiping the tears from my face ,thank you all for the lovely messages,especially you tina. you always think that you are on your own and that it hasnt happend to anyone else to lose their loved ones to AD.it makes it harder because he was so young then you start feeling guilty for thinking why geoff why couldnt it be some one else someone older, then i think and feel more guilty because they are someones husband and father aswell.once again thank you for letting me waffle xxx tina my num x

Last edited by a moderator:

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Carol,

At the top of this page in blue writing underneath 'Welcome Carol' it says 'private messages' which is in blue and is underlined. Click on that and it will take you to your message box. If you press new message and put my name in it you can private message to me without going on the public forum. Don't put your phone no on here as this is a public site

xxTina

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Carol

So sorry to hear about your husband,s passing,and him so young,your family and you are in my thoughts,take care Marian xx