A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Hello, Sylvia

Have just caught up with your thread. Have barely been on to TP for a week and see that things have moved on for you quite a bit. So glad to see the help being offered by Crossroads.

Isn't it horrendous when you wake in the night (or are woken!) and cannot get back to sleep. The longer you lie awake, the more tired you know you will be the next day. But you sounded as though you had really hit the buffers.

So glad you were eventually able to get around to some gardening. It really is therapeutic, isn't it.

And then another demanding day yesterday. Brian too likes to help in the kitchen, but after three or four incidents of unlit gas rings, I do not let him use the hob any more, as far as I am able. The only thing I can be sure of letting him do alone is to make himself a cup of coffee.

Do help all goes well with your blood test results this morning, and that to-day is a little less demanding than yesterday.

Sending love, Nan XXX

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sylvia just reread my post to you last night, I did not explain very well what i wanted to say and if it offened you i am sorry i realise that Dirhens safety is your first priority, hope you have a good weekend love pam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Pam you need never apologize to me as I know what you mean and I know where you`re coming from.
It is good Dhiren still has spirit and still fights for some independednce. Sadly he is unable to realize when that there are times he would put us both at risk.
Anyway the Mainswitch on the cooker will be permanently off unless I am cooking so another risk is minimized.

This morning , with the sitter, he tried a few times to go out via the front door. She managed to persuade him to stay in by saying how cold it was.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The rest of the day has been uneventful which to me means marvellous.

We had a bit of fun this afternoon sorting glasses[spectacles]. Dhiren has black frames for reading in a black case and gold frames for distance [television, used to be driving] in a blue case with a gold band.
He kept mixing them up and coming backwards and forwards to me, asking which were the right ones. At one time he even brought mine.

He went to bed at 7.30pm while I watched the Soaps. At 9pm when I went into the bedroom he was still up. His bag is packed and he is counting his money to see if he has enough for a ticket to Manchester.
The two big differences.....he is calm and not agitated in any way, and he thinks £2 is enough for a ticket.
Possibly the first is dependent on the second, ie he is calm because for once he thinks he has enough money.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
R from Crossroads came today. She is a Team Leader, she did our Assessment and will be our sitter on alternate Saturdays and every Monday.

At long last I have service from Crossroads and have struck lucky.

I have two evening outings planned.
One is to see our grandson Harry in Peter Pan. I have booked matinee seats for Dhiren and for me, but in case Dhiren doesn`t make it have booked an evening performance just for me.
I have also booked Christmas Dinner on the evening of December 17th. for the whole family at Thanet College. I booked ages ago but now doubt Dhiren willwell enough to stay up to eat out during the evening.
R from Crossroads will sit with Dhiren for me on both evenings. I cannot believe my luck.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Lynne

Oh dear! It isn`t only Dhiren . I think R from Crossroads has gone home with my Computer Specs. :eek:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I haven`t got her number yet and the office will be closed. I`m using my reading glasses. :eek: So if there are more typos than usual you`ll know why.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
R from Crossroads will sit with Dhiren for me on both evenings. I cannot believe my luck.

Sylvia, I'm so pleased to read this post. I was wondering how you were going to get to see Harry's performance. Now you don't have to worry.
Love Deborah

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I'm so very glad you've managed to get the sitter two evenings. Well done you. I hope you enjoy your planned outings and have many more to come. Bless you, it's about time some more help came your way.

xxTinaT

Lizziekins

May 13, 2009
Bath
Very good news about the sitter Sylvia.

Sorry to hear about Dhiren's deterioration. Oddly enough Bill seems to be on the same path. One example - yesterday I was darning some socks (yes, I know life's too short, but I actually find it quite relaxing to do) - and Bill saw me doing it. Next minute he was turning out his underwear drawer, and blaming me for stealing his underpants (socks were what he'd seen), and parading round with no trousers as he had "no pants that fitted him". He of course got even angrier with me when I (gently) suggested that it might be good to put his trousers on. Then later, I was in real trouble for stealing his nuts and bolts (!!!) - couldn't get to the bottom of that one at all.

Oh my word, oh for the old days where peace and calm were the norm!

Lizziekins

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
I think R from Crossroads has gone home with my Computer Specs.

Have you checked Dhiren's spectacle cases?...:D

So pleased to hear that Crossroads have finally come up with the goods, Sylvia. Not before time.

Lizziekins....
Oh my word, oh for the old days where peace and calm were the norm!

I can only say that I am with you with every ounce of my being on that one...:)

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.