Last update

katdan

Jan 15, 2008
Manchester
I have not been on for a while. We finally got Dad into a lovely home, he has been well looked after for two months and we knew that he was safe and being very well fed as he sometimes had 2 or 3 breakfasts! We went to see him on Saturday and the doctor had been to see him as the staff thought he may have a chest infection, GP gave antibiotics. Dad said he felt fine. He had not settled in completly but we were happy with the way things were going.
We received a phone call on Saturday evening to say that Dad had passed away. What a shock. He was found in his room. We do not know the cause and are waiting to hear what the coroner has to say.
I will miss him so much his dementia took part of him away but I would rather have that then not have him here with us.
I would like to thank everyone who has given me support and send my love to everyone one who is in a similar situation as I have been.

Keep strong

Cath
x

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Cath
What an awful shock for you. I know you will miss him terribly, but you also must hold on to the good memories as they will get you through?

My love and best wishes to you and your family at this very sad time
Love Julie xx

DIL

May 30, 2009
How awful for you, and what a shock!

I can only imagine how you must be feeling and don't really know what to say. Other than to offer my sympathy and to encourage you to keep posting on here if you need to talk things through.

{{{{{{{{{{{here's a hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
Dear Cath,

I am so sorry to hear of your sad news.

Take care of yourself.

Love
Michele
xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Cath,

I'm so sorry..what a dreadful shock for you all.

Please accept my condolences.

We're always here if you need to talk.

Take care of yourself.

Love xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry Kath. What a shock for you.
I hope one day you will be able to come to terms with the loss of yor father if you think perhaps he has been spared long term suffering.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Cath, am so sorry to read your post.

Cannot imagine how much of a shock it gave you.

One very small comfort, he had been so well looked after in his last few weeks.

katdan

Jan 15, 2008
Manchester
Thanks

Thanks for all your kind words, it really helps. The one thought is that he did not suffer and that now he will be with Mum and he will be his old self. I will miss him.

Much Love

Cath
x