A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Sue

Dhiren calmed down slowly after our walkabout and has now gone to bed. Fingers crossed we don`t have a repetition of last night.
Thanks Sue xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Is it possible the later timing of the medication led to the sundowning happening later and hence the disturbed night? I know it's the first time it's happened, but perhaps worth asking Terry?

I know if I have a disturbed night, it's all I can think about until I get to go back to bed.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I doubt it Sue but thanks for trying to work it out.
Sundowning began at 4pm yesterday, eased off by arly evening and early bedtime. Till then everything was acceptable.
The waking me up at 1am , the thinking I was Dhiren`s student, the wanting me out of the house, was a one off.
I haven`t been tired at all today. I`m waiting for it to hit tomorrow.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Sylvia sorry you had a bad night the night seems to go so slow when your awake.

Now about them spiders well because you all said last night that the spiders would love living under our ramp i put a sign up under it. it reads: DEAR SPIDERS THERE IS A MUCH BETTER HOME AT
SYLVIA'S, HELEN'S,SUE'S AND HELENS. it looks like we have clever spiders here and they read the notice and headed off dont worry your house was probably the nearest. watch the film Charlotte's web and im sure your look at spiders in a different way.
lots of love larivy

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
hi sylvia sorry to hear your having arough time with the sundowning sounds like he is getting more confused not been on tp much this last day or two harold is poorly this weekend ithink his mobility is gone very sleepy today milly

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Larivy I am holing my tongue in case I say something I may regret later. All I will say is may all your spiders be BIG ones.

Sorry to hear about Harold, Milly. I hope he picks up.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Sylvia thats not nice. i wont give the next batch the toll money for dartford tunnel so perhaps they will head north larivy :D

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
It's OK Sylvia. My son (latest hobby skydiving (shudder)) still can't cope with spiders in the bathroom (or anywhere else for that matter).

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
A large spider has just dropped off my mobile phone charger and scampered down my bare leg. I take that as a good omen and a privilege.

Note to self: must do some housework one day.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren woke this morning with the words `let`s go home `on his lips.

We got up, went to the toilet and he was hovering in the hall not knowing where to go or what to do. He followed me into the kitchen while I made a drink, hovered outside the toilet while I wiped up after him, hovered in the living room while I opened the curtains, looked round the house, as if seeing it for the first time.
He repeated `Let`s go home` . I repeated `We are home`
He asked `What shall I do?`. I don`t know how to answer.
I persuaded him back to bed and he is sleeping.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sylvia

This situation is getting worse, isn't it?

So sad for Dhiren, he must be so frightened (I see that with Tom sometimes if I'm not on hand)

But so hard on you, is the sitter coming today? Will she be able to deal with this for you?

Sorry, just realised all questions, not much support, but as always (((HUGS)))

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Helen

I have a sitter coming soon for an hour. She is new as the regular sitter is on holiday. She was introduced to us on Friday but I know Dhiren will have forgotten.
He has just eaten cheese on toast and is calmer. I have told him I`m going for the paper when the sitter comes but as well as that I`ll be getting a takeaway coffee and unwinding by the sea.
It is a beautiul day.
Thanks Helen xx

Lizziekins

May 13, 2009
Bath
I hope Sylvia, that as I write this you are enjoying your coffee and the sea. Just watching the sea can be so calming - I hope it's working for you.

Just had a thought - does that work for Dhiren?

Bill's gone to his day centre, and I'm going to phone to see if one more day would be possible. He only goes on Mondays, and apparently they asked him a while ago if he'd like another day, and of course he said no, so the place was given to someone else! I hope I can at least get him on the waiting list, as our offspring are nagging me about it (in the nicest possible way).

I didn't think he would go today, as he said he felt unwell (very unusual - he's so physically fit). It turned out that he thought he'd eaten some of the large jar of Vaseline that his dermatology nurse has had us applying - therefore he felt ill! He recovered quickly when I reassured him.

Think I too need some time by the sea....!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sylvia:

Just a quick look at TP before heading out again :rolleyes:

I hope you have enjoyed your break this morning. Its cooler and cloudy here but hopefully you will have sun and sea and feel more relaxed.

I hope Dhiren is ok for the rest of the day but I agree things seem much harder for you lately Love Jan

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
hope dhirin is calmer now. its a lovely day here as well ive managed to get mum in the garden. hope you enjoyed your break love larivy

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I had a lovely break thank you but spent 10 minutes either side waiting for the bus so could have done with more time.
I phoned when I got home to see if I could have extra time but the sitter has someone to sit with immediately before me and immediately after me.
I did manage a good 20 minutes by the sea. It was calm and still and warm so I`ve no complaints.
Lizziekins, the sea does work for Dhiren . He loves it. But today he would have considered it too cold. And then there is the additional problem of booking a taxi, having to wait and the chance he`ll change his mind.
Next Friday I`ll be having coffee with my DIL. She has been offering to take us both out, but Dhiren is so unpredictable, I`ve let her down several times. So we`ll have to leave Dhiren out and go by ourselves.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
can almost smell the sea air Sylvia, i so love the british coastline, I hour just is not long enough as you will be constantly clock watchimg, 2 hours would let you relax once you had arrived at you destination, is there a waiting list or would another sitter come if you could get Dirhen to aceppt this love pam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I don`t know Pam, in answer to all your questions.
I have to bear in mind winter is coming and winter here is harsh, very windy and cold.
Also I`m trying to fit in an additional YOga for the winter but am waiting to see if Crossroads will provide the service.
Still I only started with sitters at the end of April this year so all in all things are improving.
Thanks Pam xx

Status
Not open for further replies.