Update on everything a long one sorry

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
I've not been about I've been so busy with everything.

to start with Edna she has gone down hill lots now she doesn't know me but knows Becky, 2 weeks ago she fell of the toliet so now is is watched on the loo she had a bruise bigger than my hand on her head and eye plus her neck was very painful still is when asked she says it doesn't hurt but we can tell it does with the way she is holding it and when she moves, it takes 2 carers to move her as she hardly walks and when sitting she slops to one side, I tried to get her to put her name on dads birthday card but all she said was you are tricking me its so hard we can't have a conversation with her she doesn't understand nothing at all but we plod on as all of you do.

G who I cared for is in a very good home but it looks like she might have to be moved to a EMI she is having tia's and going down hill very fast I am still in contact with her niece and look after G's house for her its so sad.

I have also be helping my sister in law look after her mother in law but sadly she has passed away, they only got ss in to help in may and had carers going in 3 x a day but 8weeks ago B phoned my sister in law C saying she was in pain and had called a ambulance so c ran round to her house to find paramedics there they said they though she was having them on but took her to a&e
to mak sure, C agreed as B phones at least 60 times a day they sat with her for hours as they got back home she was phoning saying she hadn't seen anyone all day, I'm sure you hav heard this before, but at the hospital B was rushed into theater she had a purfrated olcer after a few days B was sent to another hospital but it was found she also had cancer but the doc had only told her no one else know becaue of the dementia C and P her hubby went mad at them 3 weeks ago she passed away I know is horrid to say but she didn't linger didn't have much pain it was a blessing in one way I wish it was Edna as every time I visit I come away in tears we have lost the Edna we knew its only her body let

sorry for the long thread if you are still reading well done
I hope to be around more but still busy with making phone charms bangles and selling on ebay

I hope the world is being good you you all big hugs for everyone take care xxxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Lesley

You must be psychic because I've just mailed you;) It is lovely to see you here but sad that you need to visit:( The situation with Edna has completely changed since you first posted about her and it has been such a painful journey for you.

How is your dad Lesley because he was so upset when Edna first needed to go to a CH?

Love and best wishes

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks for the update, Lesley.

I thought your problems with Edna were over -- wishful thinking on my part. When are the problems ever over?

It's good of you to look after G's house still -- and I bet you worry about her as much as ever!;)

I think you're right, B had the easier end. End-stage dementia is so painful emotionally. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. But I still dread losing John.:eek:

Are you not doing any hands-on caring at present? I bet SS willbe after you!

Stay in touch if you can find the time, I miss you.:)

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Good to hear from you Lesley..

Sorry your news isn't better...you've had a rough time of it...it's sad to hear about Edna.

I hope you'll continue to post..we've missed you.

Love xx

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Lesley,

I'm so sorry things are so bad with Edna. Sometimes it seems nothing is going right and all the bad stuff happens at once which seems to be happening to you right now.

Take care of yourself

Vonny xx

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
Thanks
Its great to be back I will try to come on more

Helen my Dad is so much better he smiles alot and is in better health I felt so bad hen I said Edns shouldn't go home after the hospital but it was the best thing I did along side getting ss in.

Hzel yes end stages are very hard C thinks she's had it hard but they don't know half of it which gets me so mad knowing theres lots struggling with last stages, give John a hug please from me,

every time I see Edna sw he asks if I'm ready to work again but with John still out of work its not worth me doing it.

gigi I miss you all to I have throught alot about everyone hear, meaning to come on but time flies

take care

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
Hi

being missing again very busy
I had a stall at a local fun day not many was there but I made £42 not to bad hoped for more.

Edna is ok still complaing of neck ache after her last fall weeks age they had the doctor to her again but all they say is carry on with the pain killers, Edna did ofter the doc a pill when he wants one lol

hope you are all ok
take care love you all xx

heartbroken

Feb 17, 2008
derbyshire
Hi yes I am well still busy just been listing bec's toys on ebay now going to start making christmas cards and I will soon be starting to do kniting for xmas pressies it will soon be here.

hope you are well and coping with things sending hugs xx