A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
sylvia i am really pleased things seem to be improving he must feel safe even though he doesn't recognise his home. it must be lovely that he knows who you are. hope things last for a long long ........time love larivy
I can't say it better than this Sylvia, thanks larivy, hope you don't mind me borrowing your words...xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wish I`d kept my mouth shut.

Sundowning of the highest order, looking for Sylvia, wanting a taxi home, even a visit to Paul`s hasn`t resolved anything.

He said he is mad, he said he is a B*****d for messing me about so much, he wants tablets to end his life.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Oh dear Sylvia, just when things seem to have settled a little.

Wish there was something we could do to help. Just sending love n'hugs. At least you know someone is listening)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Sylvia

Oh dear:( I am so sorry Sylvia. I just hope that Dhiren becomes sleepy and can find some peace that way.

Love and a (HUG) for you

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
sorry to hear your having a bad day hopefully he will soon settle and give you a break tomorrow may be a better day lots of hugs larivy

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
So sorry Sylvia - thinking of you, xoxo fainting emoticon to make you smile maybe.....

Attachments

• faint emoticon.gif
    faint emoticon.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 306

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I am glad that Dhiren is becoming more settled Sylvia. Is the medication the sort that one becomes accustomed to after a while?

Love Helen x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Is the medication the sort that one becomes accustomed to after a while?
I`ve no idea Helen. I only know the consultant said Dhiren is sensitive to it, so the additional dose if given sparingly should be effective.
Dhiren has gone to bed now but whether he`ll be in bed for the night remains to be seen.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It is a shame Pauline. We had such a good week. But with dementia I should be thankful for that one week. Not everyone gets one like it.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sylvia hope things are a tad calmer at mo, it is this never knowing that i find so distressing , expect you do too, trev changes from day to day so much, just never know what each day will present, oh for a bit of predicability, would not care how boring that would be. hope dirhen sleeps well so that you can have some peace love pam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He woke me at 1am speaking Hindi.
I managed to get him to speak English.
He was cross. His expression was stern. He was telling me off.
D `You can`t live with me any more you have to go.`
S `Why have I got to go.`
D `You have not been concentrating on your education. You can`t stay here any more you have to go.`
S `I can`t go now I`ll go tomorrow.`
D `Where will you go?`
S `I don`t know. I`ll have to find somewhere.`
D `You cannot stay here. You have not been applying yourself to your education.`
S `Who do you think I am?`
D `You are my student.`
S `All right I`ll go.`
D `I can`t open the door` [back door/new lock]
S `Where do you want to go?`
D `Home to my bed.`
S `You can`t go out now it`s dark. Sleep in this bed.`
D `Where will you sleep?`
S `In the other bed.`
And so on.........
He wants me to go to bed. I`ve told him he woke me and I can`t get back to sleep now.
He has gone to bed. He asked where I will sleep and I said in the other bed.
He wants to go home. He can see things he recognizes so somehow knows he`s confused.
He asked why he doesn`t know where he is. I told him his mind is mixed up.
He said he knows.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Sylvia,

I'm sorry things are so hard for you right now.

It's difficult enough having rough days but having your sleep interrupted makes the next day even harder to bear.

Take Care,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Taffy

It was a bit scary tonight, so much so I`m wary of going to bed. I can cope with the odd broken night but tonight Dhiren was reprimanding me and it didn`t feel good at all.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
I can understand you feeling so uneasy.

Dhiren's thoughts are so real to him and no reasoning will change them.

I hope he wakes contented.

Take Care,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba