Mum: Not long to go now

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi
I also hope your Mum hasn't got long to suffer.

I sat with my Mum for 6 days, when she was like this and I was praying for her to be released from her misery.

6 days, in this situation, seems a very long time.

I think I know how you are feeling.

Take Care

Alfjess

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
Hi Ian,

I feel ill reading your post to see so many similarities between your mother's case and my father's, both diagnosed at age 54. I also thought the end was near when Dad had a huge fit that hospitalised him.

I am however feeling ill because before reading your post I just posted my own thread about Dad surviving a situation very much like your Mum's. I am so sorry that it appears that your Mum is unlikely to be as fortunate as my Dad was.

I have been lucky in that we were given extra time, a chance to appreciate Dad, a chance to rescue him from ill health and infections, and pain. I haven't forgotten however, how I felt when I thought we weren't going to get that opportunity so my deepest apologies to you if my post made things seem even so much more unfair and as you have no doubt gone through a lot of similar experiences to what I have, if you ever need someone to talk to who can understand, please feel free to pm me.

Best wishes to you and your family in these very hard times.

Iainwh

Hi JC,

I saw your post and also saw the similarities, but I forgot to add in my first post that my Mum was taken off the Aricept, Ebixa and Aripiprazole when she was first put in the Ward in the first hospital in July. So her decline has been rapid probably due to that. As I said before she is on NBM and off the Saline, as well as not being able to swallow and gone blind in the past few days, she won't be around for long. After all the suffering we have all seen and experienced over the past 9 years, she will be at peace soon enough.

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Ian

Tinking of your dear mum,i hope your dad and you find the strengh to get through this time,you are in my thoughts,take care Marian xx

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Ian,

I hope your mum is past her suffering soon. My mum managed 3 days and 6 hours after being taken off the saline drip, longer than we expected given her dreadful condition.

It is heartbreaking. We long for them to stay alive and long for them to be die and be at peace.

Keep strong

Vonny xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Ian,

Vonney sums these situations up so well with her words:

We long for them to stay alive and long for them to be die and be at peace.

My thoughts are with you and the family at this time.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Ian, it does seem that the end is approaching fast now. My mum didn't turn blue but went almost white. Sending you strength for the inevitable.

Vonny xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Ian..it does sound as though circulation is failing..mum's heart isn't working too well.

I hope she remains peaceful and wish you the strength to see this through.

Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Ian,

Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

I hope that your mum is kept comfortable.

Caring Thoughts,

botanico

Dec 4, 2007
Hi

I just wanted to say how very sorry I am. This truly is an awful disease, my thoughts are with you and your mum.

X

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Hi Ian

Thinking of your dear mum and your family and you,hope your mum is comfortable and pain free,take care Marian x