Black urine?

Dee

Mar 23, 2005
Shropshire
Dear Vonny

Tears are pouring down my face reading this thread which I have only just caught up on - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

It is 8 months since my mum died and so I have been where you are now. The support and love that comes from TP is amazing and I am sure gives you great comfort as it did me.

love Dee

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi everyone, and once more thank you for your wonderful warmth and kindness, it is keeping me going through this nightmare of a week.

For someone who, pre-dementia, took to their bed with the smallest ailment, ma is doing pretty well. She has had no fluids for 3 full days now, she has been skin and bone for months and in the past fortnight has had one spoon of mashed potato, a tiny chocolate mousse and a tiny ice cream. If she is 5 stone I'd be surprised. She is bleeding daily still...yet she will not give up living. It is like watching a breathing corpse. She is so pale and her remaining teeth have turned inwards and her tongue is dark and black spotted. Yet her breathing, although rapid and shallow, is regular as clockwork as is her heart. She should have been dead days ago, we are so perplexed by it. However, it has given us more time to stand vigil with her. We've been taking it in turns to say goodbye, and obviously have managed a great deal more than we anticipated!

Today was particularly wonderful as they had turned her fully on one side and we were able to cuddle her a bit as well as kissing her and holding her hands.

Just thought I would update you. I didn't come on TP last night as I was indulging in a bout of self pity. :eek:

Thanks again

Vonny xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh, Vonny. Don't know what to say. You must be in turmoil. Thinking of you and your family. God bless. Izzy x

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Sad but perfect

Just echoing Izzy's comments - what a precious, precious time - just once in your life you are here and you have the grace to dwell richly in it. My admiration and fondness to you Vonny - I am in awe of your way of being in all of this. You will be able to say "no regrets" - this is the most wonderful timing - perfect timing & most dreadfuly sad.

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Dear Vonny

Your last post has left me totally stuck for words. I really do not know what to type.:eek:. All I can say is that this situation has to be as "bittersweet" as anything could ever be.

Sending my love and thoughts to you and your family.

Love Carina x x x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Today was particularly wonderful as they had turned her fully on one side and we were able to cuddle her a bit as well as kissing her and holding her hands.

Dear Vonny, that must have been wonderful for you all. And or your mum specially, to be held and comforted. Even though she idn't know it, she felt your love.

You are doing so well, everything a mothercouldwant from a daughter.

love and hugs,

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Vonny, I really have nothing to say that hasn't already been said, but I'm thinking of you and the rest of your family.

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Vonny

I am stuck for words too Vonny because it feels like you really don't need them:) You have what you need. Precious time with your mum, your family, your TP family and our love and respect:)

Love