coffee

panpam83

Apr 14, 2009
westchester
I 've been reading about coffee drinkers ,when you are younger,helps prevent parkinsons,and alzheimers.There is something good ,in the coffee beans.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Yes, I read that also. It's another one of those "could help" things, along with reading, walking and doing crossword puzzles. Also just generally keeping fit. Who knows? But we can only try. However, my mother did all of those activities and drank an enormous amount of coffee. So I'm a little cautious, let's say.

Last edited:

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
I've read this too. However not sure if I believe this. My mum, from as early as I can remember, drank coffee, she loved her coffee and still does. But she has AD. Who knows :confused:

x

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
I think if you drink coffee in moderation, along with red wine in moderation, eat a mediterranean diet, excercise body and mind regularly, don't smoke, sleep well and laugh a lot, you may, just may escape dementia. Or maybe not.

Maybe I shall prove that smoking, eating chips and being a couch potato can prevent it :D

Vonny xx

PeterG

Oct 17, 2003
Hertfordshire, UK
My wife drank short black coffees, drank a glass of red wine at dinner, had a good diet, mainly oily fish, & got early onset dementia at 50.

No-one in her family ever suffered from Alz.

Statistical relationships can be made to show pretty well anything IMHO, I honestly believe the only hope we have is in the stem cell area.

If you like proper, strong coffee (I do for sure), drink it, its a great pick-me-up!