Cycling again

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Here is a link to the bike ride that Alan and I did this morning. We did 10 miles along the canal, riverside and a nature reserve. The weather was glorious. Because it was off road I was able to let Alan take the lead and he thoroughly enjoyed himself.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/helen...authkey=Gv1sRgCMPUwpyzyrbU3AE&feat=directlink

We have managed to cycle most evenings for about 5 miles and I have now managed to fit into a size 16 trouser:eek:

Love

Matt's mum

Jun 25, 2009
South wales
Hi Helen your photo's are lovely it's beautiful scenery Alan looks like he is enjoying himself.
Well done on cycling 5 miles most days and your weight loss.
Thanks for sharing your photo's with us.
Love and best wishes to you both.
ally xx

CYN

Jan 4, 2008
east sussex
so happy

Helen your Alan looks so happy and well , its so good that you can both enjoy being out together and have found something you can share.

Cynthia

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I can see why you were so relaxed about letting Alan take the lead Helen, it`s all so safe. What a lovely way to share a day out.
Alan certainly knows how to smile for the cameras. No one would believe he had a problem in the world.

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Hi Helen

Lovely photos,glad Alan and you have been able to get out and about,and well done for your weight loss,take care Marian xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Helen - they are lovely views of Alan. He looks so content and relaxed - wonderful!!!

Thanks for sharing with us. Love Jan

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
:):)These are fab, Helen. You must be so pleased! Izzy x

Last edited:

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
I'm really thrilled for you Helen - what a great freedom for you both and a chance for you to get back some of your fitness. My husband is talking about getting more fit to enter a fun run - I hope he remembers his plans when he wakes......

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen you sound to have had a great time and congrats on weight loss, just wish i could see your photos, it comes up no public access , why am i so useless with computors . love to you both pam

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pam

Just for you I will post them on here once I've downsized them.

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Here's the first lot DSCF1214.JPG

DSCF1216.JPG

DSCF1217.JPG

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Thanks so much Helen , Alan looks so thrilled to be out on his bike and taking the lead, he looks very well and happy, me thinks that is down to you, but Alan looks such a character , i understand why you fell for him, Just been to visit Trev but could awaken him, thanks aagain love Pam

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Helen

Alan looks so care free and relaxed and that is wonderful. They are also lovely photographs of Alan and they remind me of being on my bike last year, when I felt the world was my oyster.

Have fun

Ken

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Conversation over mobile phone
Me: You'll have to remember to do some exercise today
Hb: Very long pause
Hb: still long pause
Hb: I didn't catch that
Me: Very very long pause
Me: I think I said that very clearly
Hb: I thought you said "you'll have to remember to do some exercise"
Me: I did - that's right
Hb: Pause.
Hb: So I have to run 3.5 miles today?
Me: No - only as much as you can manage - I only said "some"
Hb: By 4pm? I have a very busy day......
Me: No I didn't specify by when you had to do the exercise - I expect you can fit it in before 9pm when it will start to get dark

Basically I had caught him "on the hop" - he took all that time to work out what I had said - classic example of what goes on here - can write papers for international journals but not understand simple conversations!

Anyway did not intend to hijack Helen's thread - I arrived back home at 5.15 & he had run & walked (more of latter) for the 3 or so miles - so I'm really pleased even if it was an odd conversation this morn!

For those that can, I think exercise may be very helpful.

purtycat

Feb 13, 2009
surrey
hello helen the photos are really nice,well done for the weight you have losted.
it looks lovely were you both cycle love purtycatxx

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Helen,

I will say it yet again as I think it’s brilliant that Alan has the will power and determination to go out cycling as to be honest my bike (except my exercise bike) frightens the life out of me now as I keep losing my balance, so good for Alan to maintain so much fortitude, and I must say that he looks fantastic and really enjoying the day out. :)

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan