Practicalities Complete

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
At long last all the practicalities surrounding mum’s death are now complete. After much mislaying of paper work and numerous telephone calls mum and dad’s headstone has been returned to their grave updated to include mum. A small thing in the scheme of things, but I feel my final tribute to my lovely parents is now in place.

The timing also was perfect, just after my lovely son and daughter in law returned from honeymoon, so we were able to visit the grave together.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me since I joined TP 3 years ago.

Love to all
Cate xxxx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Cate,

It is strange just how much not having a headstone in place feels like a incomplete jigsaw.

Peter's headstone has now been chosen but when it is in place then I will fill settled.

Love from
Christine x

barbara h

Feb 15, 2008
county durham
Dear Cate

I agree with you about the headstone making everything complete. I never liked going to the cemetary with my mam to visit my dad's grave i didn't get any comfort from it at all and i was dreading my mam being buried there. But for some reason since my mam died last july it does feel different and especially so since her name is on the headstone now. Maybe it's because it is the only place to be "with them" and i do find myself getting comfort from going and i feel closer to them there than anywhere which is how it should feel.

I find myself wanting to keep it nice with fresh flowers on and the headstone clean i suppose it is because it is all i can do for them now.

love
barbara h

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
So pleased for you, Cate, that you appear to have reached some sense of resolution. I didn’t have this particular issue, given my parents’ wishes were so different ... but I do understand the nightmare of seemingly endless paperwork and frustrations (and I had a very simple task compared to most) ..... those ‘practicalities’ when you are battling them at everyone else’s pace (and all too often inefficiency) seem relentless and constantly reinforcing of the loss ....

I hope now you find your own time to deal with your losses – and indeed celebrations of life - at your own pace ....

Love as always, Kaz, x

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Cate,

It is good to have all the practicalities behind you. 16 months on and I'm just waiting on one more document to do with dad that I have to lodge with the taxation department then once that is done his and mum's paper trail come to an end. Amen to that!

I am pleased for you that the timing concerning your parents headstone worked in well for you. I know once dad's headstone was in place it felt so much better to me. Even though mum was cremated and her wishes were to be scattered to the four winds I did scatter some on dad's grave and some on the plot I brought next to dad so I could put a headstone there in memory of mum. Dad had a war memorial headstone and no mention is allowed to family.

Best wishes for future happiness

Take Care,