what a day but have had laughs along the way

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
SO glad i am a nutter, have had carers in stiches, it was either that or cry,we have had 10 different care staff just one is a disaster, if i was not around no way would i trust my trev to her care.last night they had not fited pad coerrectly and mattres wet through to base sods law getting trev hospital bed tues, got trev washed and up and he has been happy all day sat by open french doors , sitter arrived so i could attend yoga class teacher ill so canceled, went for walk in village and spent a fortune on clothes for grandchildren, but it gave me so much pleasure, tiny tee shirt cost an arm and leg but i just had to buy it.Night carers arrived, trev had had huge bowel movement, they just did not have a clue, did not have gloves ah
so i just took charge said if i had coped on my own 3 of us surely must be able to sort him, my wacky sensce of humour kicks in at this point, and we all end up in hysterics, trev tucked up all clean and i am hitting the bottle goodnight pam

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pam

Cheers:) It is so good to be able to laugh and I am glad that you have made the most of the day including what could have been disasters.

Have a good night.

Love

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Pam, just read your post and it has brought a smile to my face, thinking of you marshalling those carers and taking charge.

Well done you for smiling in adversity as ever :D

Vonny xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Pam

Well done you for sorting those carers out. How ridiculous to come without gloves. Why did they think they were there?:eek:

Hope you have a good day today.

Love,

imp

Jun 26, 2009
Warwickshire
Hope that today is better for you. What would we do if we couldn't laugh? Every story on this site could apply to any one of us Iris