I'm tired and struggling.....

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Thankyou Helen...

Our family day was a happy one..my older brother has been in Brazil for a while so hadn't seen Eric for a couple of months...

He's quite shocked by the reality of what he sees as a massive change in Eric..both physically and mentally.

The week hasn't begun well, though. Just had a second engineer out to my fridge freezer...the fan has sheared off at the back of it...he didn't have one on his van so has had to order one...and can't get back with it until Friday....:rolleyes:

Meanwhile...thank goodness I bought a new one when I did....at least I have back up!!! And I don't think it's going to be so hot this week...fortunately!

Love xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Gigi:

Pleased to hear you had a good family day. There is some satisfaction :)eek::rolleyes::(:() in hearing someone else confirm the deterioration. Strange thing to say but its like finally someone is agreeing with what you already know!!

Just hearing the news about caffeine for reversal of Alz. symptoms!!!! When David first started it was sage! I exhausted our sage plant. D.mn it I have been drinking decaffeinated thinking it was better for my sleep - cannot win.

Sorry for the diversion from your thread - watching the news at the same time as having lunch and browsing TP.

Hope this week is better for you. Love Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello gigi

What a good idea it was to buy a back up fridge and freezer. I `m sure you are more relaxed about the breakdown of your main one now.

I have visions of you running backwards and forwards with your food, from house to garage. No wonder you look so slim . :)

gerrie ley

Apr 10, 2006
bradford yorkshire
Mollie

Gigi I know only too well what you are going through my heart felt sorrow goes out to you.My wife had alzheimers the devils disease for almost eight years and all that time I was her sole carer we were maried for 54 years and towards the end alzheimers killed my love of which I am truly ashamed of It has taken me until now to get well enough to carry on. My dedicated love for Mollie has returned.I have asked for her forgivness for my negative attitude perhaps for her last twelve months alive.She died very sudden having got a urine infection which went to her brain one Monday morning and she died early Thursday morning.The reason for this ramble is that I wish I had had more patiance with her towards the end. I now wish she was still with me with the alzheimers my heart is broken. Dont let the alzheimers beat you. I went down in weight from 15 and a half stone to 13 stone.Ask me if I would do it again and my answer would be yes.

Gerrie ex carer

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Gerrie..it's good to see you back on TP. Thankyou for your post...I am humbled by your words...
.I have asked for her forgivness for my negative attitude perhaps for her last twelve months alive.

Strangely enough I've been feeling a bit ashamed of my negativity today...:rolleyes:

I had a decent sleep last night....Eric hasn't had such a good day..2 episodes of urinary incontinence...he can't understand what is happening to him...and has been rather quiet and very sleepy so far. It feels as though he's withdrawing from the world quite rapidly just now.

Dont let the alzheimers beat you.
I'll keep on trying...:)

Take care of yourself.

Love xx

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
towards the end alzheimers killed my love of which I am truly ashamed

Dear Gerrie, this is nothing to be ashamed of. My mum and dad have been married for 60 years and my father would have no interference from outside agencies to start with...now he is begging for them. He has told mum that if she doesn't stop being foul to us that all our love for her will die which would be a tragedy. I don't know if she understood or not, but I do know that although the loss of love dad is experiencing is making it easier for him to let go, he is consumed with guilt.

I think it is harder for a spouse than for a child caring in these circumstances. Your words are enlightening and humbling. Thank you.

Vonny xx

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa