Father's day

MrsP

Mar 19, 2005
Hi All

Just a quickie to say to all of those who have a beloved dad with Alzheimer's (like me) that I hope you have had a day full of happy memories.

Love to all

Kate x

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Kate,

My dad doesn't have dementia, but my mum does and she managed to ruin things as ever :( I know it's the disease not mum, but she was beastly to dad, poor old darling.

Apart from that, we had a lovely day and I managed to get his breakfast pots washed as well as the dinner pots so he got spoilt a little :)

Vonny xx

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Duke of Ed?

Thankfully my son remembered to say on mobile last night to PH "happy fathers day tomorrow" from his 3 day, 2 night Duke of Edinburgh silver award hike!! & that prompted me to remember the (hidden, pre bought) very cheap but quite perfect long triangular chocolate bar/box starting with Tobler......that had "Dad one" on it & fortunately I managed to find it among the last remnents of GCSE wasteland of notes strewn all over my son's bedroom. PH is very chuffed with the choc & has been advised to eke it out!! (suitably I need the eek here!!) :eek:

penguin629

Nov 9, 2008
Shropshire
It was emotional

Hi

Father's Day for my Dad passed by like any other day. But for me it was extremely upsetting. My counsellor and I discussed my writing a card to my Dad saying the things I wanted him to know. I tried to stay away from the morbid and mentioned a few memories I have of my Dad and told him how much I loved him and that I wanted him to know this whilst he could still know.

I couldn't read the card out to him and neither could my Mum who only managed to uttter a couple of sentences. We broke down.

But still I wrote it. It was therapeutic.

However today I visited my Dad and he was very bright and smiled and did a couple of dreadful impressions. I told him he was my favourite Dad of all time (one of his phrases) and I told him I loved him and he said 'So will I', which I took to mean 'I love you too'. It made me cry a little but I was so pleased to hear him say it. Meant so much to me.

Joanne

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
.. I told him he was my favourite Dad of all time (one of his phrases) and I told him I loved him and he said 'So will I', which I took to mean 'I love you too'. It made me cry a little but I was so pleased to hear him say it. Meant so much to me.

Joanne

Well, what can anyone say to that, Joanne?

That is what he was saying to you. "So will I"!! And so he will.

You don't need a card, just speak the words into his best ear. He will hear the words you are speaking.

Take care,