hELO AGAIN.

Luca

Jul 9, 2008
Sutton Coldfield.
I am so fed up. he keeps on and on the water meter. the tv. I don't help him . my sons birthday to day and I'm cry I don't wont tp go. Talk to me please. Luca

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Luca....

You sound so upset....I'm sorry..

Things seem to be getting on top of you...Can you take a deep breath and tell us a bit more?

Doesn't matter if you can't..we're here to listen when you're ready..

Love xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Luca - it sounds like the constant questioning is driving you down into the ground. Do you get any respite from it? Any time off at all? Because I don't think anyone could continue without some form of support.

Luca

Jul 9, 2008
Sutton Coldfield.
hello Again

He wont be quiet Heson all the time. I have stood it as long as I can. I feel I just want to go away and have some peace and quiet. I've had enough. I thought Luca. I can't get round my thought. Luca

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Luca

It's a long time since I've seen you on here Luca and I am sorry to hear that things feel so bad for you. It is very difficult at times and I think we have all written here at one time or another how we feel it is driving us mad! I can't think of anything Luca that will suddenly make it all better:( I cope by finding help and support from Talking Point in order to be able manage those really difficult moments.

I also have just had my own birthday and I cried lots and didn't want people to come to me. I am only saying that because I want you to know that I can imagine just how stressed and upset you are.

Try to get through today for your son's birthday and think about using Talking Point and talking to us more in order to find some support.

Sending love and a big (((HUG)))

Luca

Jul 9, 2008
Sutton Coldfield.
Hello again.

thank you for talking to me. Just spoke to my brother and he has calmed me down a little. if only he would leave me alone from these questions all the time. I am a plumber, tv engineer, dust man - questions questions all day long. He dosen't listen I am sure. To day he has b een on all the time and its my fault, he says. Spent the morning doing the post - things to do with it - looking at the water meter. tryng the tv. He dose make me a cup of tea then says 'you have forggotenhow to do a cup of tea] I have been coping on/off not too bad. but today has been awful.

I am having some support - this is a long story. Sometimes I just stand and scream. this is disjointed forgive me. luca

Luca

Jul 9, 2008
Sutton Coldfield.
My husband is on Lipitol [a statin] and \I have read that although statins are good for heart problems one of the side effects is demtntia. I asked dr. if he could have a drug holiday for one month to see if it made any difference so for 3 nights no statin. I had information from Web site, also from Daily Telegraph. What o you think of this.

Also my husband was told 4/5 years ago that he had Vascular Dementia. About 3 months ago I asked dr. how he knew he had this. from the scan, he said. Well Al never had a scan, so he had one 2/3 months ago which gave the reading of no bleed and no shrinking ofc the brain. He has since put to see a pyscoanalist [spelling] who is putting him on a list for a memory club. He has tested Al himself and said his memory is bad. That is why I am working and hoping it is the statins. Al has two days out at day centres[which he hates] and says he wants to stay with me. I look forward to these 4 hours a day - I should use them wisely but all I do is sit quietly. My house works is sufferring and I am being not to want to do a thing.
I am sorry I was in a state when I first got in touch with you.

Luca.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Luca

Is it safe to leave him alone and for you to go into another room and close the door, just for an hour or so? If so please do it. Tell him you need to be quiet.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Luca

There's no need to be sorry for being in such a state - we all know about being in these states;)

The time that you get when your husband is in a day centre is very important and it doesn't matter that you just sit. I can imagine that you love the temporary peace. Maybe it would be possible to get someone in to do a little of the housework for you?

I am glad that you are feeling just a bit better. Best wishes to you Luca

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Luca....

Can you for now stop worrying about what is causing this..?

The fact is it's happening..and this is your priority...to deal with what's going on from day to day. Let the doctors involved work out the "why".....

I am sorry I was in a state when I first got in touch with you.
Please don't ever think you have to apologise..(although we all often do...) If there's nowhere else to go TP is always here and has rescued me many a time.

Al has two days out at day centres[which he hates] and says he wants to stay with me. I look forward to these 4 hours a day - I should use them wisely but all I do is sit quietly. My house works is sufferring and I am being not to want to do a thing.

My husband was very much like Al..and eventually refused to go to the Day Centre. So even though Al is reluctant to go..try to encourage him to go..will the Day Centre staff help you with this?

And you naturally look forward to your 4 hours of peace...if all you want to do is sit quietly..then why not? That's very wise...if my husband would return to the Day Centre I know now..(easy with hindsight...:rolleyes:) that like you I would ignore the housework...and take a long, leisurely bath..pamper myself a little...and use that time to recharge my batteries. That time is yours and it isn't much out of a whole week..use it however you want to ....

You are important too...don't forget that, Luca...

Love xx

Cl13

Feb 19, 2009
Cumbria uk
Hi Lucca, sorry to hear your not feeling so good today, I hope you can enjoy your sons birthday a little bit at least.
Please use your respite time for your self, we as carers fall too easily into useing this time to catch up with house work, its a big mistake to put house work before your self, it can be done any time.
Hope tomorrows a better day for you Lucca, take care
Love Lynn

nbfb

Mar 14, 2009
Wales
My husband is on Lipitol [a statin] and \I have read that although statins are good for heart problems one of the side effects is demtntia.

Hi Luca,
Try not to worry over this - the research actually seems to point to the fact that statins can slightly reduce the chance of dementia. Blaming statin pills sounds like newspaper talk and not anything substantial, so try not to focus on it if you can.
(Source: The Lancet, Volume 356,issue 9242, 2000, pp.1627-1631, Statins and the risk of dementia, Jick, et al).

Try to get a break if you can, a walk, music, whatever relaxes you. Easy to say I know, it is tough. That's where the community at TP can help, I find that just knowing that other people know what you are feeling can help.

nbfb

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Luca

You are having a hard time at the moment. If you get an hour to yourself, read a book, do some relaxation exercises (gentle breathing and stretching), treat yourself to a scone and jam. Do not worry about housework. Keep kitchen and toilet surfaces clean and forget about floors, dust and windows. Only iron the visible parts of clothes that are hidden under jackets. Make the most of your short breaks.

Keep talking to us. We are here to listen and advise where we can.

Love

Margaret

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951