My beautiful mum has gone

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
My mum very unexpectedly died on Tuesday. No warning at all really. She startd vomiting a bit in the early hours of Tuesday morning and by 5 was unconcious and by 9 had died.

In may ways it has been better for her - it has been quick and hopefully relatively painless for her. Dad was with her at the end - unfortunately my sister and I were racing through the hospital rabbit warren of corridors and was ten minutes too late.

Even though you always know this is coming it is still quite a shock when it happens so fast. She had seemed to be making some improvements over the last two weeks. She had actually held my son (with assistance!) and had tried to feed herself and walk.

I want to thank you all dear virtual friends who in so many ways and for so long have been able to give me the support and advice I have been unable to find amongst the "real" people!

God bless.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Kate I am so very sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take care

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Kate

I`m very sorry to hear your sad news. Please accept my deepest sympathy.
Love xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Kate: This is sad news indeed. My deepest sympathies to you. Please turn to TP again whenever it helps you.

Love Jan

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Kate..

I'm sorry to hear about mum...hope you have some comfort in knowing that your dad was with her.

Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Love xx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Kate

I'm so sorry. Having lost my own Mum last year in similar circumstances, I have some idea of the turmoil of feelings you must have churning around. Relief is allowed.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Kate

So sorry to read about your mum. It's a blessing for your mum that it was so quick, but distressing for you to come to terms with.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Even though you always know this is coming it is still quite a shock when it happens so fast

Yes it must of been for you all.

Am So sorry to read that your mother pass way ((( hugs))))

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Kate

I am so sorry for your loss Kate and the suddeness of it all. Part of you must be reeling. Sending love and a (((HUG)))

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Thank you so much.

We're currently causing much kerfuffle with our "unorthodox" funeral requests! Good job our vicar has known us for so long and so is quite accommodating.

I find it so odd that people feel it has to be done in a certain way.

We've decided we don't want a sermon in the church but we want people at the funeral to get up if they feel able and share their favourite memory of mum before she was ill. If they don't feel able we'll be having a "memory wall" that people can stick photos or things on or write their feelings about mum. I want us all to refresh ourselves about who she was and not have the last couple of years as our lasting memories of her.

Dad wants him and my husband to play their guitars for the hymns in church which is raising a few eyebrows but I think it's wonderful - he's playing the music he loves to the woman he loves for the last time. I can't think of anything more fitting.

I hope that we get the strength to do all this for mum on the day - I think the odd thing with grief is that it overwhelms you in "waves" - at least that's how it feels to me at the moment. I'm ploughing through making decisions and organising everything but every now and then I find myself taking huge breaths as I feel over whelmed by it all!

The other odd thing I've found is that the happy memories I've not been able to think about or remember in the last few years have suddenly come flooding back. Has anybody else found that?

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Take each day at a time

Dear Kate,

When Peter passed away, I had to let my children arrange details.

They were so close to their step-father. The Grandchildren also wanted their say what they wanted for Grandad.

Peter always wanted to learn how to play a guitar but never achieved it, so they had a guitar made.

Each of the four Grandchildren wanted to put something in the casket. The music, well it was Peter and I's and the Grandchildrens favourites. I did draw the line when my eldest daughter wanted "Wild Thing" which Peter loved to sing on the karoake.

During the 6 years of A.D. I could not remember the times before although the children have lots of beautiful memories.

Now, I can remember things pre A.D. Our first date and that magic first kiss and as each day passes, I am remembering something new.

Love from
Christine

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Dear Kate,
Sincere condolenses to you and your family.
Take care and good luck with all the arrangements.
love Gill x
ps - (Your baby is absolutely gorgeous - I saw the photo you posted!)

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Kate, I am so sorry to hear this news. Please accept my sincere condolences - and my hopes you achieve everything for mum she would want as you say your good-byes ... some absolutely beautiful ideas ..

Love, Karen, x