Yesterday

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Well, what started out as not such a bad day soon turned horrid because of my darling brother (Joke) who shall remain nameless. As you know my wonderful mum is im stage four of Lung cancer and is dealing with it so bravely.On tuesday i rang her as i do every day and she said she as in so much pain she wished the end would come. Wenesday she told Elaine she was ok so thursday night i rang her and had a very good chat with her telling her how much we all love her and wished there was something we could do. Yesteray morning i asked Elaine to ring her Drs and asked him to visit mum as i couldnt stand the thought of her being in pain all weekend. This he did, prescribed her stronger tablets and everyone was happy, exepy my brother !!
He rang last night to say he felt undermined as he usually does everything and wasnt included. After telling him i forgot to ring and tell him , Err, HELLO IVE GOT ALZHEIMERS!! His reponse was " Alzheimers?yea right! convienient that aint it !!" I was absolutly GOBSMACKED and shocked !!:eek::eek: I told him in no uncertain terms that the fact that mum was in all this pain and it took me from 300miles away to get it sorted spoke volumes !! But do you know what hurt most? my own flesh and blood speaking to me and questioning me the way he did. I dont feel i deserved that as i have enough to try and put up with without family having doubts about my sanity !! Why is it some people dont take this illness seriously ? Its bad enough having it and having very off days like yesterday worrying about it, though i do feel better today. I would never wish ANY illness on anybody, i just wish more people would understand a little more.Even at the later stages we are still here, still have feeilns and still worry deep down about our loved ones and families, of that i am sure.
Mum has since rang and said the tablets are helping, makes you wonder what you have to do sometimes doesnt it ??Best wishes, a very frustrated Norrms ( but still smiling !!LOL ):):):)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Norms don`t fret about your brother.
Those who are in the wrong and can`t admit it always attack in order to defend themselves.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Norrms....

Please try not to fret about your brother...
Those who are in the wrong and can`t admit it always attack in order to defend themselves

Sylvia is right.....

The most important thing about yesterday is that you were able to sort out some pain relief for your mum...:)

Hope you and Elaine are having a better day today.

love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Norrms

I think that is the trouble - life just won't stop or become the world that we need it to be:( You needed this sorting for your mum as quickly and as stress-free as possible but we are soon reminded that other people are involved and it can become very stressful and messy. Thank goodness you can let off a bit of steam on TP. As you know these things knock me for six and I am not having to deal with Alzheimers, so I can't imagine what the knock on effect these things have on you.

However, just to keep you going I will share my flowers with you that Sylvia kindly sent me yesterday:) I can't share the chocolates because I ate them all:eek::p

flowers%2520003.jpg

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello:

Pleased you were able to let off steam on TP and still smiling:) The others have said it - try not to concern yourself over your brother. Its sad he does not understand but thats his problem not yours!!

Enjoy your day. Love Jan

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Norrms,

I am so sorry to read your brother's reactions but you should feel good that you were able to do something to help your Mother.

People ignorance well I am afraid I do not have any sympathy.

When my son got married a year ago, Peter was in E.M.I. Unit so a very close friend from A.S. Branch stood in for Peter.

It was a difficult day not having Peter there but when it came to the Father of the Bride speach, he made a joke about a person with Alzheimer's.

I looked around at my family and seeing the Grandchildren in tears, God only knows how I sat there but my eldest son after the meal met up with the Bride's Father and really laid it on the line, calmly.

I was offered an apology but I informed him that we were trying to make people aware of the illness and it could have been him with the illness and would he then laugh.

It hurts I know when people say things but at least you have a loving close family around you who love you.

God Bless
Love from
Christine xx

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Norrms

I think your brother is in the room next to my brother, on a house-boat in the biggests river in Egypt (Denial!)

Norrms dont let him stress you out as I know this will not be good for you. Chill and let it go he is just not worth the effort, your lovely Mum is a good bit easier this weekend thanks too you.xxxx

Christine, people just open thier mouths and let the emptyness in their heads out:mad: Thinking of you xxx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Sam,

Peter may no longer be with us but making people aware is something I will not stop doing.

I did try to stand down from the Committee as Secretary but was TALKED OUT OF IT. Well who else want a job of minute taking and I am the only one who has done it for years, you know the thing School Committees so I will not let 6 years be wasted.

Will continue to fight for the people who are unable to speak for themselves.

So it is onwards and upwards.

Take care and I hope you are still enjoying your job.
Love from
Christine xxx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Thank you all so much, had a better day today, baking cakes with my grandaughter Brionie 9yrs old and Elaine, mmm, yum yum lol

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m glad to hear you`ve had a better day Norms.
Don`t a couple of cakes make you feel better. ;) They have magical properties. :D

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Norrms,

Baking cakes with the Grandchildren is such a theraputic thing to do.

My Grandson (9 next month) spent a couple of hours with me on Thursday. Cian could not watch any T.V. because he is on a telly ban for 7 weeks. When I asked him why 7 weeks, he replied after my 1st warning the weeks were added on because I had not learnt to zip my mouth.

So we pulled up weeds and Cian said "I miss my Grandad so much"
but then the cheeky devil said "if Grandad is looking down on you, he will say "why have you let our garden go like this"?

God Bless
Christine

purtycat

Feb 13, 2009
surrey
hi norrms i was sorry to hear what your bother said , please don't let this stress you out x im really pleased to hear that you are haveing a better day today.
lot of love purtycatxx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I have a brother also who has as much understanding of my husband's illness as the man on the moon!! The only time we ever contact each other is when my mother is ill. Then it is always me telling him which ward she is on etc., etc., as I have yet again dealt with the crisis. I don't doubt that if my mother were to die, we would never be in contact ever again.

That suits me just fine. Bless you Norm for working so hard to care for your mother.

xxTinaT

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Rons son visited today

He has just got back from a cruise

I do not know why he bothered, visiting, I mean.

Guilt, just my oppinion/

Barb

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Thank you, yes had a grreat day yesterday, had a couple of cakes mmm, and planted some seeds for perrenial plants to put in the garden at the end of this year for next year! Got to look to the future havent we !!LOL Brionie my grandaughter helped me, she has my gardening bug so yes a good day was had by all thank you, best wishes, Norrms and family

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Norrms,
Glad to read that you had a better day with you granddaughter, they are brilliant.
My brother's ( the lovely one not the waste of space one :D )granddaughter (aged 2) was at Mum's yesterday, she came down from the loo and with a look of dismay and loudly announced that her "poopy" wasn't working. I had to hide behind the newspaper. I love the innocense :D

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Children

Hiya Sam, arnt children so precious ? they are little people with such a fantastic outlook on life before reality sets in.Elaine always says that i have never grown up and thats why i`m so optomistic all the time. Before i was ill i used to say nothing bad ever hppens in my world, not so now, but it was fun while it lasted !!LOL

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Norrms,
I have that same out look, I have never grown up and I dont have a clue what I want to do when I do:D.
I just wish nothing bad happened in my world but reality always finds you just when you think you can escape it:eek:

Norrms the fun will never leave you it is to deep in your soul to do that;). xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan