Dad died.

embie

Apr 27, 2006
Dad died last weekend, 4 yrs after his diagnosis of fronto temporal lobe dementia. While it wasn't a surprise - we were told 2 months ago that every day might be his last - it still hasn't sunk in. Feel lost knowing that I'm not able to go and visit him.

Just feeling sad. Not expecting any replies that can help me feel better, just wanting to share...

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Oh Embie Im so sorry for your loss. Youre right, nothing can really make you feel better right now, so take care of yourself. I send my deepest sympathy. Zx

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Embie, so sorry to hear about your dad. As you rightly say, nothing can ease the pain, but I am thinking of you all the same.

Vonny xxx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear embie, so sorry you have lost your dad. It has left a huge gap in your life, no wonder you feel lost.

Please post whenever you feel like it. We may not be able toease your pain, but we do understand it.

Love and hugs,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Embie

I am so sorry for your loss Embie. Love and a (((HUG)))

penguin629

Nov 9, 2008
Shropshire
Hello Embie

I haven't read any of your posts before, I just saw this thread and had to reply. I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news. Take care of yourself and take each day as it comes.

Love Joanne

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
So sorry to hear of your loss Embie. I understand the feelings of loss about not being able to go and visit. I hope just sharing those feelings helps in some way. Take care. x

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear embie,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your father.

I found these words of advice that you gave another member on Talking Point in your very first post:

All you can do is appreciate your Dad while you have him. He isn't the man he used to be, but a part of him is still there.

With an attitude like that, you must have made your dad feel very loved.

Take care,

Sandy

barbara h

Feb 15, 2008
county durham
Dear Embie,

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. My thoughts are with you at this sad time. I lost my mam last July and i fully understand your feeling of being lost not being able to visit him.

love
barbara h

Heather777

Jul 24, 2008
Bristol
Dear Embie, my sincere condolences to you. My thoughts are with you, having lost my mum 3 weeks ago I know the pain that not being able to visit causes you. There will be moments of great sadness and some moments of peace when you are grateful that he is no longer suffering. There is nothing that I can say to ease your suffering but wanted you to know that there are others who understand and stand with you to comfort you.
Heather xx

mum of two

Oct 3, 2008
beccles
Hi Embie,
I am really sorry abot yor dad.I lost my mum almost 2 months ago, she had vascular dementia which was dianosed last june. She had to have dyalasis & died of renal faluire.
I find it hard, i think the hardest thing is not to be able to cuddle them any more.It seems like a black hole & sometimes no matter what people say to you it doesn't matter. Take care if you want too send me a pm you can.

mandy