A set back regarding Alan's eyes

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
We thought that Alan's eyes were perfect now that he's had the cataract surgery and discharged months ago. Alan was trying to tell me something this morning and it became clear that his vision in the right eye is very blurred:eek: I looked closely at his eyes and the pupils were very different sizes:eek:

I phoned the hospital and they will see him tomorrow at 9.30 a.m. Alan is not in any discomfort and is playing his guitar right now.

I must admit that I am worried because I am sure it will mean surgery again:eek:

Love

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hi Helen

I do hope you are worrying unnecessarily - I'm afraid I always think the worst when any of us are unwell.

Please try not to worry and do let us know how Alan gets on tomorrow at the hospital.

Thinking of you.:)

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Helen

Perhaps there is some infection and surgery won`t be necessary. It`s good yo have managed to get a quick appointment.
Fingers crossed.
Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Helen..

Sorry to hear this news.

I'm glad they can see you so quickly...and do hope it's something simple that can be sorted quickly.

Love xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
You mentioned something on your blog about cleaning drains - he couldn't have got something in it could he?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Alan is not in any discomfort and is playing his guitar right now.

That is good to read, let us know what they say at the appointment tomorrow.

If its of any help, my mother not had the operation to have her cataract removed, even thought they told me mum must be seeing blurred, while mum tell me she sees fine, she can still read large print on TV also sub titles on words of songs on utude videos in Spanish. she can see me OK , those around her .

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Hi Helen

So sorry to hear about Alan,s eye problem,i am glad you got a quick appointment and i do hope it is nothing serious.Will be thinking of Alan and you tomorrow all the best and take care Marian xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thanks

Thank you for your good wishes everyone. I really do appreciate it.

Jennifer, the drains was something that Alan was doing afterwards. That posed another problem which showed completely white fingernails and completely black finger tips:eek: It is unrelated but I am going to speak to the GP about it. The finger thing is back to normal now but I had never seen anything like it:eek:

There is good news about Speech and Language but I will post that in the original thread.

Love

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I assume that's circulation? Mind you, I suppose the eye thing could be circulation as well? I do hope it's something minor that won't need surgery.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Helen,

Athens calling. :)

I'm sorry to hear that Alan's having a problem with his eyes, and I hope you get some good news today.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Love and best wishes for this morning Helen. I hope it`s nothing that cannot be corrected.
Love xx