Mt Kilimanjaro Climb for Alzheimer's

sparkes

Apr 18, 2009
UK
Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me posting this on here.

My Nan has Alzheimer's and I'm going to be climbing Mt Kilimanjaro in September to raise money for the society. If anyone feels like donating it would be really appreciated. I've booked and paid for it all myself so every penny donated will go straight to the charity. Hopefully we can all make a difference.

If anyone would like to donate the link is:

www.justgiving.com/stevenparkes

Thanks for reading, take care everyone.

Steve

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Kilimanjaro.

I have taken a look at your web and will be donating £5
Exactly 61 years ago I could see the snows on Kilimanjaro every morning until the mists came up.
I was in the REs and we were building a water purification plant at Tsavo(kenya) and a water pipeline to Makkinon Road
I have often wondered what happened to the plant , or if it is still there
Tsavo is on the railway between Mombasa and Nairobi
and is famous for The Man Eaters(lions) Of Tsavo. Whilst on your travels ., if you can pick up any current news on what has happened to the plant I will double my donation
I will any way , but it would be interesting to know.
Best of luck on your journey
Jimbo 111

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Steve,

Great stuff - I bet your nan is proud of you.

Donation completed on justgiving

Good luck :)

Vonny xx

Last edited:

sparkes

Apr 18, 2009
UK
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for donating, I really appreciate it!

I'd love to say my nan would be proud but I honestly don't think she'd have a clue what I meant if I said I was climbing Mt Kilimanjaro in Africa! It's a great motivation to be doing it for her though.

I'm afraid I'm only going to be there for the climb jimbo so I'll just be in Tanzania but I'll definitely let you know how I get on.

Thanks again guys, you are legends.

Steve x

sparkes

Apr 18, 2009
UK
Thanks so much Lauren.

It's amazing me how generous complete strangers can be and shows the kindness of some people, you guys should be proud.

sparkes

Apr 18, 2009
UK
Hey guys,

Just to let you know that there's not long now until my trip, around 3 weeks!

I went on a walking holiday last week to Italy for a bit of pre-training which certainly helped stretch out the legs :) Trying to get all of my equipment together now. Handed in my visa application today and having my last jab sorted at the weekend.

I've managed to raise quite a bit of money through doing a local concert and a dress down day at work. Trying to get all of my mates to pitch in now! Total is currently at £802.40. If anyone else feels like donating it would certainly help, be nice to reach £1,000 before I go!

Thanks again,

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL