Back to the mad house...

Snip

Mar 16, 2009
Just back from a week away with a friend (husband stayed at home to look after our elderly dog, bless him)....where we agreed just to have some fun and not talk about 'problems'. :) It really was good and I felt really well and positive all week.

Now I've been back since yesterday afternoon and been with mum all day today.....back to earth with a bump! I am feeling sorry for myself (sorry for mum too) and very, very guilty about also feeling resentful about returning to face all the same old stuff. I feel like a real failure...I seem to cope on the outside but inside I am full of terrible feelings.

Just wanted to offload really and only have a short while on here until the phone calls might begin!!

SO nice, though, to come back to this forum where I know it's ok to have a wobble! :D

Will try to catch up on what you've all been doing.

Love

Snip x

x-lauren-x

Mar 6, 2007
hiya
sounds like you had a great breaK! :) dont feel guilty, everyone has to take time out sometimes otherwise we wouldnt manage- unwinding and being able to forget about problems will have done you good and although its back with a bump , you have a nice clear head to tackle everything with and thats always good :) hope everything goes ok for you, and its not too mad(i know the feeling!) its the easter holidays for me now so im juggling a bit of relaxation with revision for a levels- eek hehe!!
good luck with everything,
luv lauren xxxx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
How lovely that you had such a good break and I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you have any photos perhaps you could share them with us on the pics thread?

Just keep doing a Dorothy when the phone rings and chant repeatedly (under your breath)..

'There's, no place like home,
There's no place like home....

xxTinaT

Snip

Mar 16, 2009
How lovely that you had such a good break and I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you have any photos perhaps you could share them with us on the pics thread?

Idiot-girl here left her camera at home...no prob - use the phone. Er...it's a new phone....can't remember how to use the camera bit because my previous phone was really old (almost the shoebox size ones with an aerial...;))......d'oh..no pix, sorry!

Snip.....technologically challenged :)

Snip

Mar 16, 2009
Perhaps just as well you didn't have a camera with you. Two women together raising hell!!!! Wow xxTinaT

We were very good, though.....walked up bracing hills as well as demolished large gin and tonics!:D

Forgot to say earlier....how lovely it was to have a Happy Birthday message from TP waiting in my email inbox when I got home.....nice warm glow,thanks! :)

Snip x

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Snip,

Glad you had a good break and what a shame the feeling doesn't last :(

My sis got back to the UK on Friday having been on a 2 week caribbean cruise (bitch! witch! ;)) and I've been coping with ma n pa on my own. She's really worried that when she comes down to stay next time all the stress will return. She actually had the opportunity to stay on for another fortnight:)eek:) but thought it wouldn't be fair on us. She thought we'd all say it was ok then mutter "bitch! witch" under our breath. Who, me? Never :D:eek:

The good news is I've been able to barter a weekend with her where she stays at my house to look after son at night and see mum and dad during day while I go to London to celebrate my 50th with a chum. She's paying for it all a birthday pressie for me and we are staying at Claridges :D:D She is a pal in a million.

Well, all this talk of holidays is lovely but I really must go and see mum and dad, they will be wondering where I am.

Really glad you had a good time Snip, just hang on in there until your next break

Vonny xxx

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Hi Snip.
Welcome back and Iam so glad you had a lovely girlie holiday ( especially the large G&T's :D)

The feelings you are experiancing is the norm for us now, anger that it your Mum who has dementia and you are left to cope and guilt that you feel this way and wanting the holiday to go on for a while longer.
But onwards we go coping with life as it is now and relief that there is a place we can come to when times are rough or to share a lighter moment when times are going well.
TP being off for two days :eek::eek: I am going to miss everyone so much xx

Best wishes xx