E-Petition: Lobby your MP and help defeat dementia

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Pat,

I couldn't find the link to the e-petition, even when I searched on the Downing Street website. There was a link to write to my MP, but not to the petition. Am I missing something?

Pat1066

Sep 25, 2007
London
Sorry all I made a mistake with the title, it is not an e-petition, but to lobby your MP.

Last edited:

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
I had already contacted my MP, as requested, and my MP responded to me by saying:

"I will take this up directly with Ministers, as EDMs are never debated and have little impact."

Make of that what you will, but at least my MP is going to take it up directly with Ministers. Thank you MP!

More as and when I hear more, or even if.

TyJane

Aug 19, 2006
defeat dementia

Hi

I went to a few seminar's whilst working in the care sector over many years.

I remember one in particular, when it was said by a Doctor that, a cure may never be found for Alzheimer's and some dementia's.

That was at least twenty years ago!

I would rather more money being spent on better social care, so people can stay away from the care home environment longer.

Jane

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
TyJane said:
I remember one in particular, when it was said by a Doctor that, a cure may never be found for Alzheimer's and some dementia's.

That was at least twenty years ago!

We must remember that smallpox and polio were horribles scourges at one time. We now have vaccines which work.

Yes, it will take a long time but I am optimistic that some day we'll have more answers and effective treatments and preventatives. We'll have to take the long view.

Think of how people can live with diabetes now when less than 100 years ago it was a death sentence. People don't even think much of diabetes these days, as odd as that sounds.

So one day, it will come.

Clive

Nov 7, 2004
I agree with JPG1 on this issue.

Whilst Early Day Motions are better than nothing they actually have little effect.

I still believe the best way is to actually go and sit down with your MP and tell him what you believe to be right, (including asking him to sign EDM 1060 on dementia research).

During this period of Credit Crunch what better way of having 10 minutes of free activity than booking an appointment with your MP and telling him how the Government can improve things for AD sufferers.

Clive

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix