Getting scared

doelani

Aug 2, 2006
Mums condition is not getting any better and this evening nurse asked me if I was going to stay the night. This took me by surprise as she had earlier said it could be "days" when I asked how long did she think mum had left. Nurse says all they can do not is make sure mum is comfortable.

I know no-one has an answer of how long but suddenly it hit me " mum is really going to die" and now I am home, decided not to stay, I am thinking they are wrong, tomorrow she will start to eat and drink again, be able to breath properly and will be sitting in chair in day room when I go to visit. I know deep down I am wrong, I though I was prepared but I guess I am not.

I am getting scared now, I could not even talk to mum today apart from to tell her I loved her and tell her to go to sleep to rest. She did not, she has been awake and so restless today.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
helllo Dolani

You must be worried.
I and Ron send you a big hug XX
Not much, but it is mean with feeling.
Barb & Ron X

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Am Sorry to read what is happing with your mother, must of come to a shock to you to hear what what nurse told you . Also would like to send you my love xxxx

Snip

Mar 16, 2009
Huge hug for you and your mum *hug*

Even if she didn't settle she will have known you were there just loving her.....that's a blessing for her.

She must be so proud that she has such a loving daughter.:)

Snip

patty51

Mar 27, 2009
Boston
Hi

Im new too this site infact ive just joined im so saddened to read all the stories and know that in the end this sort of thing will happen to my Mother,my heart goses out too you all its not easy,will be thinking of you all the people who are suffering with this terrible desease....xx

doelani

Aug 2, 2006
thanks for replies

although doctor told me on sunday " this could be near the end" and my own doctor told me again on monday it could be coming to an end it just seems more real now that the nurses looking after her are saying it. She has been ill before and recovered wuikly but do not think she will this time, I guess I am just in denial.

PatsyM

Sep 2, 2008
getting scared.

Hi. When my Mum was dying I knew in my head that this was going to happen but in my heart it was never going to happen. No one can prepare you for this no matter how old your Mum is she is still your Mum. Its hard to cope with but you must remember the good times and be there for her and hold her had and do as you said. tell her you love her. Give yourself and her a Big hug from me. Take care.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976