We have the verdict!!!!!!

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
As you can see I'm home.

The jury were out for 15 minutes... YES 15 minutes

I have been found NOT GUILTY!!!!!!!!

I am over the moon.

Now I can see mum whenever I want to again!!!!!!

Thank you all for your prayers and best wishes. It's been a great help.

God bless you all.

Steve

Rosalind

Jul 2, 2005
Wiltshire
On a rather mercenary note, but knowing you are not exactly flush, do you think you might be able to sell your story? Loving son wrongly accused and denied access to ailing mother is the stuff that tabloids go for.

Anyway, you must be feeling hugely relieved. People moan about the law, but I do think that most juries take their duties very seriously, and to get a verdict in so short a time shows what idiots the other guys were to make a case in the first place.

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
I am so so happy. I am now going to take my own course of legal action against these nurses. There is not 4 agency staff involved as I thought at first there is actually FIVE.

I so wish I could tell you the background to the whole episode, but I don't want to jeopardise my legal recourse, so the whole story I'm afraid cannot be told just yet.

Just to say the 5 of them knew something about me they didn't like and decided to fabricate evidence!!!

A classic case of being framed!!!

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Wonderful news.

Take some time now to visit your mum and to re-establish relationships with her. Don't let the other stuff get in the way of that, at least for the moment.

Take things slowly.

Best wishes

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Steve, so pleased to hear your news, can I just echo what Brucie says, take time to be with your Mum first now. Your day of vindication will come I am sure. Love and hugs, She. XX :)

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
Warm thoughts

Shakey Steve,

Just wanted to say I'm glad for you also. Although I haven't commented before I read your posts and thought about how terrible it must have been.

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
I am quite happy for more hassle. This thing has to be brought to people's attention and has to be stopped.

No person, no matter what they have done in their past, should have to go through what I've been through because someone doesn't like them.

To bring a false allegation against someone is a terrible crime.

I am also doing it for my mother. If she knew exactly what has been going on she would be appalled. I am also doing it for her because, the lies these nurses told has denied my mother over 10 months of visits not only from me, but from anybody at all, 'cause to do so would have broken my bail conditions. That was emotional abuse towards my mother.

And they call themselves "NURSES"

I am physically and mentally able to cope with what has happened, but it was particularly cruel what happened to my mother through their actions, so they are NOT going to get away with it.

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
Role reversal

Shakey your furious and rightly so! Terrible your mother not having you. Your story made me think a lot, every time I touch Dad now I think wouldn't it be terrible if someone thought..... :eek: (unfortunately for you it is more likely people would think bad things if the sufferer is female and teh carer male), because I find you just do start touching your parents more than you usually would because of their condition and no doubt it looks weird to outsiders, especially seeing as it feels weird to us kids but you are compelled to change your relationship with your parent in this situation.

After thinking about this for a while I decided to post http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/talkingpoint/discuss/showthread.php?t=2141 in the hope that it will bring more awareness to folks about the strange role children play in their parent's dementias and that we need understanding and not judgement and let other kids of dementia sufferers know that they are not the only ones struggling with the weird emotions.

Best of luck in your battles, don't let the anger hurt you or your mum though, direct it towards those that deserve it as calmly, precisely and effectively as you can despite the rage,

JoJo

Sep 25, 2003
Shropshire
Steve

Congratulations. As a former journalist it never ceases to amaze that cases like yours end in court - I have seen so many cases of people evidently not guilty having to go through a protracted process only for a jury to decide in a matter of minutes that you are innocent.

If I were you, contact your local daily paper, ask for the chief reporter or health reporter and tell them the story. Now you are officially not guilty they can report most stuff.

It's important other people know your story. There may be others going through your hell too.

Any journalist worth their salt will deal with the story in a sensitive and appropriate manner (don't all choke on your tea/gin/wine!!!)

All the best

JoJo

Shakey1961a

Nov 7, 2004
Southport
I don't want to go to the newspapers yet. I don't want it to jeopardise my legal revenge. I'm doing everything by the book.

My case has been published in our local newspaper, thankfully buried in the middle of page 19!!!! They didn't even mention it was my mother!!!!

Headline is "MAN CLEARED OF MOLESTING ALZHEIMER'S PENSIONER"

God help anyone who crosses me now!!!!!

JoJo

Sep 25, 2003
Shropshire
Well good luck with your revenge however you get it.

PS The media would not have been allowed to name your mother because alleged victims of these type of offences cannot be identified. Naming you and then saying she was your mum would have told everyone who she was!

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Brucie said:
Wonderful news.

Take some time now to visit your mum and to re-establish relationships with her. Don't let the other stuff get in the way of that, at least for the moment.

Take things slowly.

Best wishes

Congratulations - what a relief for you!

I totally agree with Bruce. Don't let euphoria and very understandable feelings of anger influence you to act hastily now.
Take your time; enjoy your renewed contact with your mother, and seek good legal advice when you decide to act. It is rarely a good idea to act in "the heat of the moment" as it were. As someone famous once said, revenge is a dish best served cold!
Cheers!!