Identity

POPPIT

Nov 5, 2008
East Yorkshire
Hello everyone
Wondered if anyone could help, doctor has suggested we get my mum some sort of identity tag,in case she wanders!, something she has never done yet, but as a precaution. Can anyone give me any ideas to what may be available. Been on internet to search but not alot to find or tell me where to look:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Poppit

My husband had an ID card in his wallet and a dog tag on his key ring. The ID card got lost when he continually played with the contents of his wallet, but the dog tag on his key ring is still there.

I had his name and home phone number engraved on one side and the fact he has Alzheimers and is diabetic on the other side.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It sounds really good Joanne. I think we should campaign for something similar here.

How about it AS?

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
I guess I'm dumb too here...I thought the UK had one already since Canada had one. THe US has one called the silver alert system..http://nationalsilveralert.org/ It came about as an addition to our amber alert system, a way of broadcasting publicly that a child is missing or has definitely been taken they use electronic road signs and break in on t.v and radio signals. The major internet seach engines get a post on their home pages.

HUGS

NAncy

POPPIT

Nov 5, 2008
East Yorkshire
Thank you so much for response, it is a difficult one, but I am going to enquire about the Helpcard, thought if I could get something like this could put in her pockets of jackets and coats as even in mid-summer she is never without one. Did consider a talisman but dont think she would like it as very proud still and does not like to think that people know she is ill. I know this defeats the object but we like to see her happy.
thank you all.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Poppit, what about a Medic Alert bracelet? The Safely Home program is very similar, as it uses a bracelet. I had to order twice for Mum, as she managed to lose one. But it served its purpose.

First I should ask, is there a Medic Alert program in the UK?